The Planted Tank Forum banner

Safe to dose while medicating with Furan-2?

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Cannonbolt 
#1 ·
Just got my ferts - ready to start dosing and setup my DIY CO2. Should I wait and finish the Furan-2 before starting dosing and CO2? Thanks!

#3 ·
I believe it's columnaris, I had it once before and I was not able to take a good enough picture to have a diagnosis confirmed. 2 of my CPDs came down with it 3 weeks ago and I went ahead and treated with Furan-2 because, like I said, couldn't get a confirmed diagnosis. The recommended dosage did the trick, fish looked and acted healthy.
Now, I'm sure one of my Cory hastatus has it so I was going to go ahead and treat again.

I have removed the carbon filter from my HOB everytime I've been medicating with Furan-2. I did NOT know that running carbon in my filter while dosing ferts would negate the effects of dosing. When I'm done medicating the Furan-2 and I go to start dosing, should I remove the carbon from the cartridge and just run the spongey mechanical filtration?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.