Seachem Flourish tabs and what else? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2011, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Seachem Flourish tabs and what else?

Ok, so I have blasting sand as my substrate and only seachem Flourish tabs...what else do I need for low light/hardy plants and dwarf grass?

Can someone recommend something from petsmart/petco? This any good to compliment for the tank?

Seachem Flourish Plant Supplements
http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...3921&lmdn=Fish
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
don't get the iron if u are going low light. seachem tabs will last you about a month. get the comprehensive and dose a little every day to every other day. it has enough iron in it
should be fine

Sump Pimp #7

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2011, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Wait so I have the Sea Chem FLourish tabs, and just buy the seachem comprehensive and use them both?

Dose everyday? Wow, thats a lot of maintenance? how else can I keep that down to once a week or longer?

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2011, 01:48 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (16/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonAseed View Post
Wait so I have the Sea Chem FLourish tabs, and just buy the seachem comprehensive and use them both?

Dose everyday? Wow, thats a lot of maintenance? how else can I keep that down to once a week or longer?

EI dosing. Dose 3x a week. 50% water change on your 7th day. Once a week? Not a good idea because you need to dose enough to last for 1 week. That may be a lot fert to add at one time.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2011, 01:54 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
it wont hurt anything to dose one big one per week
i perfer the daily method. it doesnt have to be that way.. one big dose should be fine. however the iron will precipitate out of the water before ur plants can use it all. plants will rely solely on the tabs for iron at that point but it will be fine and yes use them both. comprehensive is basically a trace mix with a small amount of the micros to supplement the rest of their system.
the tabs are going to be what provides msot of the nutrition for your plants

as for it being low light. you can probably get away with changing less water less often however. fresh water from changes has its benefits. keeps things clean and organics down. but in a healthy planted tank. its not required as much as someone without plants. things just tend to get murky and you will eventually reach a point where someone will be unhappy. wether it be the plants or the fish

Sump Pimp #7

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2011, 02:35 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
I dose Flourish Comprehensive once per week and my plants seem to do well. I have a lot of iron naturally in my water, so maybe that helps.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2011, 03:13 PM
Banned

PTrader: (11/100%)
JonASeed hit up the low tech forum section there are members there with very healthy planted tanks dosing nothing and having a lot of growth. I think it is laurelleeb or something like that she has a beautiful 29 gallon with flourite black sand and no ferts. Or she use to not dose any ferts as it was in an office.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2011, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

But she has flourite sand?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2011, 10:48 PM
Banned

PTrader: (11/100%)
Flourite sand has nothing in it though.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode