I don't get that from these instuctions. Am i missing it?
1. Rinse the test vial with the water to be tested
2. Fill the test vial to the 5ml (cc.) mark with the water to be tested
3. Hold the liquid reagent bottle upside down and add a drop at a time to the test vial.
4. Gently shake the vial after each drop and count the number of drops necessary to cause a color change from Blue to Yellow
5. The number of drops added until the color changes represents the level of hardness (German hardness
After each test, rinse vial thoroughly with tap water
5. Note: The measuring accuracy increases if the test is performed with 10ml of aquarium water (1 drop testing fluid = 1/20 dH).
If you experience an immediate color change with either kit (for example with the GH kit the sample immediately turns green with no red intermediate color forming or with the KH kit the sample immediately turns yellow with no blue intermediate color forming) then your water sample is likely to be extremely soft with less than one degree of hardness.
After the Test
If the test results reveal excessive hardness (GH or KH), this can be reduced by adding softer water, e.g. rainwater, distilled water, or water treated with a reverse osmosis unit. Water can also be softened by filtering it through peat.
Always condition your clean replacement water with Tetra AquaSafe to neutralize any dissolved chlorine and heavy metals.
WARNING - FLAMMABLE. EYE IRRITANT.
CONTAINS PIPERAZINE, ERIOCHROME BLACK T, MENTANIL YELLOW, AND ETHYL ALCOHOL (ETHANOL).
Do not use near heat or flame. Avoid contact with eyes. In case of eye contact, immediately flush with plenty of water. Seek medical attention if irritation persists. Use only in a well-ventilated area. Keep out of reach of children.
WARNING - COMBUSTIBLE.
CONTAINS ETHYL ALCOHOL (ETHANOL).
~ Do not use near heat or flame. Use only in a well-ventilated area. Keep out
~ of reach of children.
~ For more information contact:
~ Tetra Sales, USA
~ 3001 Commerce Street
ii Blacksburg, VA 24060
Dr. rer, nat. Ulrich Baensch GmbH D-49304 Melle, Made in Germany