How's my 1000ml solution - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (21/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to happi
How's my 1000ml solution

Making 1000ml solution, dose 50ml 3x week (NPK)

KNO3 – 12 tsp

Your dose of 12.0 tsp KNO3 into your 1000.0 mL container, with doses of 50.0 mL into a 50.0gal tank gives:

Element
ppm/degrees
K
N
NO3

K2SO4 – 10tsp

Your dose of 10.0 tsp K2SO4 into your 1000.0 mL container, with doses of 50.0 mL into a 50.0gal tank gives:

Element
ppm/degrees
K
S

K2HPO4 – 3tsp

Your dose of 3.0 tsp K2HPO4 into your 1000.0 mL container, with doses of 50.0 mL into a 50.0gal tank gives:

Element
ppm/degrees
K
P
PO4

CSM+B 3tsp

Making 1000ml solution, dose 50ml 3x week (TRACES)

Your dose of 3.0 tsp Plantex CSM+B into your 1000.0 mL container, with doses of 50.0 mL into a 50.0gal tank gives:

Element
ppm/degrees
B
Cu
Fe
Mg
Mn
Mo
Zn
dGH

DTPA Fe (11%) 1.5tsp

Your dose of 1.5 tsp DTPA Fe (11%) into your 1000.0 mL container, with doses of 50.0 mL into a 50.0gal tank gives:

Element
ppm/degrees
Fe

MnSO4.H2O 1/8tsp

Mg sulfate 1/4tsp

30ml Excel added in both solutions to prevent the fungus/mold.

NOTE: instead of 1000ml, i added 1500ml water to make my solution, i will be adding 75ml 3x week instead of 50ml.

my question is what do you think about my solution, i have added extra K to make the solution more stronger and K will help to uptake the other nutrients faster. i also added extra iron in csm+b to increase the iron levels for the plants.

thanks

DIY Trace/Micro/Macro Recipe
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DIY Trace/Micro/Calculation Etc
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 02:37 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

anyone?

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 05:48 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (11/100%)
Looks fine to me...but what's the point of making such precise dose amounts when you don't even know the rates of consumption of the nutrients in each proportion?

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 05:59 AM
wet
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
Hey happi. Like jeff I think your mix looks good, though personally I'd suggest dosing half your traces daily instead of every other day, but my opinion is just based on my personal experience that the most sensitive plants like stability, and this is an opinion I don't feel particularly strongly about.

Jeffww,

Well, happi is actually using reasonable/easy measurements of teaspoons. His calculator gets to the parts per hundred million because it's just a calculator and not that smart. http://calc.petalphile.com is just a tool that spits out numbers based on user input, but allows happi's practical/friendly input of whole teaspoons.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

i had a great plant growth when i was dosing solution, IMO its more soluble than dosing dry ferts.

i just wanted to see if am on right track after making my solution, just wanted to see if i have more or less ferts added in my solution.

my solution will only last me 1 month, but if plants do well then i don't have any problem making the solution every month.

i don't want to dose the traces at same time as NPK, this might cause problem for iron and phosphate.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 03:07 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (11/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by happi View Post
i had a great plant growth when i was dosing solution, IMO its more soluble than dosing dry ferts.

i just wanted to see if am on right track after making my solution, just wanted to see if i have more or less ferts added in my solution.

my solution will only last me 1 month, but if plants do well then i don't have any problem making the solution every month.

i don't want to dose the traces at same time as NPK, this might cause problem for iron and phosphate.
I honestly don't believe that the phosphates we use are going to affect the iron...I dose macro and micro DAILY at EI levels.

I do dose liquid though. It's the way to go.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 05:18 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Isn't your solution made from dry salts? How is the solution of dry salts in water more soluble than dry salts added to the water in the tank?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkfood View Post
Isn't your solution made from dry salts? How is the solution of dry salts in water more soluble than dry salts added to the water in the tank?
as i said IMO i think it works better for me when i dosed through the solution, dosing dry or wet, either way it works anyway.

after making the solution i realize i wasn't dosing much KNO3 through dry ferts when i was dosing dry. 1/2tsp of kno3 wasn't enough IMO.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffww View Post
I honestly don't believe that the phosphates we use are going to affect the iron...I dose macro and micro DAILY at EI levels.

I do dose liquid though. It's the way to go.
i will try adding 35ml every day to see what happen.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode