What amount of Dry Ferts to start with? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-08-2011, 10:54 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (19/95%)
What amount of Dry Ferts to start with?

I am gonna be ordering some dry ferts in the next day or two and was wondering what would be a good amount to start with? I have really hard water so dont think I need the GH Boosters but was planning on starting out with CSM-B or Miller MicroPlex (Opinions on which is better???), KNO3, and KH2PO4. Does this sound good? Should I get a lb of each? or 1/2lb of the micro and a lb each of the others? Seems to me I will be using alot more KNO3 than anything else and have limited money right now to get started.

THanks in advance, Ben
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-09-2011, 01:08 AM
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (487/100%)
Have you read the dosing regimes sticky? It's a big help.

But in order to know how much to tell you to order, folks will need to know your tank size, plant load, lighting, et al.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-09-2011, 01:47 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (19/95%)
Yes I have. Guess what I'm looking for is do I order more of one vs the other? Or what would b a good amount of bulk ferts to get to get started, not the doses for my tank.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Eheim Pimp Club #481

RAOK CLUB #29

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-09-2011, 01:56 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
This is what I got for $30 shipped.
http://www.bobstropicalplants.com/sh...ombo-pack.html

Steve

:

:

Never argue with a fool. Onlookers often can't tell the difference.
Growing older is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My advice is free and worth every penny.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-09-2011, 03:47 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (158/99%)
a pound of each is a good place to start with. next time you will know what you will use more of or not.

CSM-B vs Miller MicroPlex
i dont see it mentioned often but volume wise 1 pound of csm = 1/2 pound of microplex.

microplex
GUARANTEED ANALYSIS (%)
Magnesium (Mg) 5.43%
Boron (B) 0.5%
Cobalt (Co) 0.05%
Copper (Cu) 1.5%
Iron (Fe) 4%
Manganese (Mn) 4%
Molybdenum (Mo) 0.1%
Zinc (Zn) 1.5%

plantex cms+b
Fe 6.53%
Mn 1.87%
Mg 1.40%
Zn 0.37%
Cu 0.09%
Mo 0.05%
B 1.18%
Co 0.00%

In SoCali? Looking for fish plants equipment? want to learn something about the hobby?

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode