So how much less CO2 is in a X psi bubble vs a Y psi bubble? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-29-2011, 01:07 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Send a message via AIM to VeeSe Send a message via MSN to VeeSe
So how much less CO2 is in a X psi bubble vs a Y psi bubble?

Hi all,

Is there any way to calculate the relative amount of CO2 contained in one bubble at a certain working pressure vs. the amount contained in one bubble at another working pressure? For example, I used to set my working pressure at 40psi, but now it's at 15psi. What's the relationship between CO2 per bubble and working pressure?

Thanks,
VeeSe

-VeeSe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-29-2011, 02:00 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (23/100%)
Seems like that would be rather difficult as one cannot really determine what "one bubble" even means. That could be quite different depending on the everything from whether you're only considering water as the bubble counting fluid, the angle in which the bubbles enter into the chamber (could affect how easily they break away). See what I'm saying, there really isn't a measurement for how big a bubble is.

The biggest thing to realize though is that the concentration of CO2 isn't changing depending on working pressure. Obviously this doesn't apply considering gaseous CO2 compared to liquid, but when it is gas either way, what is coming from your CO2 tank is pure CO2. Regardless if this CO2 enters the bubble counter at various pressures, I would find it very hard to believe the CO2 concentration would ever be different. Don't know for sure, but strongly assuming.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-29-2011, 03:11 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Send a message via AIM to VeeSe Send a message via MSN to VeeSe
Yeah, I can see how all of those factors would come into play, but I was just wondering if and how working pressure affected it (for example, given that everything else stayed constant, increasing working pressure would........ to the bubble). There's nothing to act on here as far as changing what to do because of it, but I was just wondering since it seems like it would be different.

-VeeSe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-29-2011, 03:48 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (21/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to happi
all i could tell you is that when you run 3bps at 15psi vs 1 bps at 30psi, 30psi will diffuse more co2 than the 15psi. there was a thread about this topic somewhere, if i find it i will let you know.

DIY Trace/Micro/Macro Recipe

DIY Trace/Micro/Calculation Etc

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode