Okay okay. *deep breath* o___o
The set up:
- 10 gallons
- Substrate: Caribsea Tahitian black sand (haha, don't choke)
- No CO2 anymore, but I did a DIY yeast setup in the past
- Fish I had: guppies, neon tetras, and mutant female bettas that have survived the worst conditions imaginable
- Fish I have: neon tetras and mutant bettas
- Lighting: 2 cheap 25watt incandescents that came with the hood. I have a Marineland double bright LED fixture coming in the mail soon.
- Filter: Tetra Whisper PF10 (dear god...but I really want an Eheim canister)
What do you mean fiddling with the water outside of the tank? Does a bucket work?
Fishless cycling? There are still fishies.
Maybe on my new tank... How long does that usually take?
Yes, I can probably use the school equipment. And I can probably pilfer.
My tank used to be beautifully cycled, how come it's "uncycled" now? Do you think maybe my plants could have died because nitrate was no longer being produced? I had wisteria, ludwigia, moneywort, pennywort, baby tears, and java fern. All that's left is java fern, penny wort, and baby tears.
Yes I know KH relates to the buffering system. But I heard something different and I doubted! But shhh don't tell the prof., or he'll send me back to first year chem.
I don't need the RO additives if I'm using tap, do I?
Can you also explain further about your answer to number 5.