what's your wet fert mix? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 04:35 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)
what's your wet fert mix?

So I’m starting EI dosing tomorrow and I figured I would set up an auto doser to make the up keep easier on my wife if I need to leave town for a few days also so I can set it and forget it and just check on the jugs every few days and refill as necessary because I’m lazy and forgetful.
I was wondering how much macro (K2SO4, KH2PO4, AND KNO3) do I mix to water in order to get the appropriate strength to dose every other day? Same thing for iron chelate. Right now I’m just going with the sticky from WfxXx and figured I will adjust as I get more experienced
specs
55g high light moderately to highly planted with pressurized CO2 (drop checker lime green)

Last edited by xxxSHyXAxxx; 09-06-2011 at 05:32 PM. Reason: added info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 05:26 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)
i would dose depending on light , co2 and plant density
since know one knows your tanks specs
its hard to see any relevance
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)
bump

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Figure out how much water you are going to use to dose each time. Mix from the sticky the dry amount for the number of days you want the batch to last and add water the amount needed to reach the number of days. Say you want to dose 1 oz of water with the ferts. You want the bottle to hold 16 days. Add the daily dry dose times 16 to the bottle and then fill until there is 16 oz of water in the bottle. Mix extremely well and you are set.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Canon Pimp Club #041
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 01:04 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 02:10 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Chuck Gadds Aquarium Calculator will give you what you are looking for. I can't find it on the internet, but I have a copy I could send you. Its only 680 kb, so it should email easily.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-07-2011, 08:32 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (19/95%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingword26 View Post
Chuck Gadds Aquarium Calculator will give you what you are looking for. I can't find it on the internet, but I have a copy I could send you. Its only 680 kb, so it should email easily.
I would like a copy of that calculator as well if you wouldnt mind. Gonna be ordering my ferts this weekend sometime and have been doing all the reading I can.

Thanks in advance.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-07-2011, 09:08 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Here's a pretty good calc. Just enter how many gallons your aquarium is and it'll tell you a dry dosing method & making a stock solution method. You'll want to look at the stock solution method. http://www.thenutrientcompany.com/aquarium/calculators/

Just a little heads up. If your tap water is particularly hard (lots of Mg and Ca already there), you don't have to dose MgSO4.

For traces I use Flourish Comp instead. Here's why http://www.gpodio.com/fert_table.asp
I just use the Fertilator Calc over at APC and figure out how many ml of flourish I need to dose by trying to get .1-.2 ppm of Fe per dose. For my 20g tank it takes 3ml of Flourish to do this.

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

l
l
l
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-07-2011, 11:05 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbenjamminxx View Post
I would like a copy of that calculator as well if you wouldnt mind. Gonna be ordering my ferts this weekend sometime and have been doing all the reading I can.

Thanks in advance.
Send me a pm with an email address I can send it to.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode