millers microplex - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (6/100%)
millers microplex

I used the PPS for making a stock solution Trace elements (microplex) and it said to use 116 grams for a 450ml bottle. That sounds like a lot to me. If that is right how much of it would I does daily. My tanks are what I would consider high tech ie; 4-5wpg light, CO2 @4-6bps and H2O changes every 3 days or so @ about 50-75% at a time. I am very new to dry ferts and creating my own wet stocks. Please help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 05:59 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (27/100%)
Ditch the PPS system as it is the most complicated in the history of aquatic plant gardening, 116 grams is a lot and sounds crazy to me. I tried PPS and had problems with the ratios but do like some of the observations at the site.

EI is much easier, no scale, no calculator, etc. Miller microplex is a Fe suppliment correct, so it would be used in very small amounts if you had a an Fe deficientcy after using Plantex + CSM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 08:55 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Or is Miller's microplex an earlier version of Plantex + CSM, as a multi micro nutrient fert?

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 08:57 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (76/94%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 150EH View Post
Or is Miller's microplex an earlier version of Plantex + CSM, as a multi micro nutrient fert?
Millers is a completely different trace mix than Plantex. It is a european mix, much more common on the other side of the pond.

It is a MICRO element trace mix. NOt just iron.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 09:01 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (115/100%)
I would have to disagree with that as using PPS-Pro was the best thing that ever happened to me. For a 1L bottle you use 80 grams of trace. Not sure what calculator your using but for a 450ml bottle you would need 36g of millers for that bottle.

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 09:03 PM
Planted Tank Guru

I just found it here http://agr.wa.gov/pestfert/fertilize...spx?pname=1569 it is trace elements and just heavy on the Fe. It looks like something you might use if you are using all RO/DI water.

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 09:05 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Quote:
Ditch the PPS system as it is the most complicated in the history of aquatic plant gardening, 116 grams is a lot and sounds crazy to me. I tried PPS and had problems with the ratios but do like some of the observations at the site.

EI is much easier, no scale, no calculator, etc. Miller microplex is a Fe suppliment correct, so it would be used in very small amounts if you had a an Fe deficientcy after using Plantex + CSM.
After reading it through I found it no more difficult than EI.

Canon Pimp Club #041
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (6/100%)
thanks the clc. gave me an origonal dose of 36gr but then when i put iy inj again it gave 116 figure
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 09:09 PM
Planted Tank Guru

It has all different kinds of micro ferts but has more iron than Plantex+CSM. Use this calculator
http://sites.google.com/site/aquatic...r/home/pps-pro

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 09:45 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (11/100%)
Quote:
I just found it here http://agr.wa.gov/pestfert/fertilize...spx?pname=1569 it is trace elements and just heavy on the Fe. It looks like something you might use if you are using all RO/DI water.

Miller's microplex is used in tissue culturing as well as hydroponics it is objectively better than CSM +B as it has more of just about everything including manganese.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 09:56 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffww View Post
Miller's microplex is used in tissue culturing as well as hydroponics it is objectively better than CSM +B as it has more of just about everything including manganese.
I haven't had personal experience but from what I've heard from friends and other people on forums, Millers is somewhat better than CSM+B

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 11:53 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
No one noticing copper?
Microplex has 15 times more Cu than CSM+B.

And where do you read it has more Fe than CSM+B?
CSM+B has Fe around 6.53%.

Microplex?
4%

I just can't see how it could be better than CSM+B,
apart from using DTPA.

Or you're getting bad result because there is now less boron
in CSM+B than before?
http://www.barrreport.com/showthread...-Plantex-CSM-B

FYI: Microplex is from completely another company from CSM.
Not an older version.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 12:02 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Ive never had any scientific calculations that have read that millers has more iron. But this is what I hear from people. And are you saying that Copper is bad for plants? Unless your using it on a shrimp tank that I can understand.

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 12:18 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

It's very easy to see, without any scientific calculation.
CSM+B is 6.53% iron by weight.
Microplex is just 4%.

If you want to see list of all the nutrients in the two.
http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/Fertilizer/pmdd-tim.html

Copper toxicity to plants is well known. Use google.
For example: https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/ge...does-kill.html
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 12:23 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

CSM+B:

Fe 6.53%
Mn 1.87%
Mg 1.40%
Zn 0.37%
Cu 0.09%
Mo 0.05%
B 1.18%

Microplex:

Fe 4.0%
Mn 4.0%
Mg 5.4%
Zn 1.5%
Cu 1.5%
Mo 0.1%
B 0.5%
Co 0.05%

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode