post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-17-2005, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
My water Params - Dosing help

38 gallon tank
12 Neons
3 Platies
1 Zebra Danio
1 Ruby/Rainbow Shark
Lights: 2 WPG (gonna upgrade to 2.8WPG soon)
Pressurised C02

PH : 6.4
KH : 2
FE : 0
NH4/NH3 : 0
N02 : <0.1
N03 : 0
P04 : 0

Hmm, looks like everything seems to be zilch.

I'm currently dosing with 1ml of PMDD (from TheKrib) a day. I'm not sure if this is too much. I was told that I should reduce it to 5 drops per day. What are your thoughts?

I should mention that I had a bad case of BBA recently and I was battling ich (which I won - yay!) with the salt/heat treatment. I'm hoping that with your help I could completely beat the brush algae.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-17-2005, 02:29 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (125/100%)
No wonder you are having algae woe's everything is ziltch, that will do it.
Do you have access to any of these goodie's in malaysia?

Plantex CSM+B or Flourish
KN03 Potassium Nitrate
KH2P04 Mono Potassium Phosphate
K2S04 Potassium Sulfate

Craig

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 02:57 AM Thread Starter

:confused:

Thanks for replying WfxXx. I hear you're the resident dosing advisor around here.

I know for a fact that I can get my hands on Green Light Stump Remover over here. This is pure KN03 as far as I understand. The rest I'm not so sure of. I was under the impression that the PMDD would take care of all the ferts.

I will ask around a local forum and see if I can get more info on the rest of the stuff you mentioned. In the meantime, what should I do?

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 10:20 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Go to www.gregwatson.com and send him an email, he will respond rather fast and ask him if he ship's to mayalsia, I found a post of his:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Watson

The only thing I really just can't ship internationally is Potassium Nitrate ... but I ship a lot of Plantex CSM all over the place ...

I've been very carefully guarding the address because I just really don't need the credit card fraud problems, but I have a generic international version of my shopping cart ... so if you're not in the US/Canada, drop me an email message and what country you are in, and I can send you a link to the international version of the shopping cart ...
Greg
If you can get these from him,(or anywhere else for that matter) then we can fix you up for a healthy vibrant tank my friend..

PMDD is ok for smaller 5gal maybe 10gal tank's, if you need to dose a certain ingredient because of an abundance of another, then PMDD does not allow you to do this!
Dosing individual fert's allow's for better control over what one is dosing.

PMDD contain's 1 part Potassium Nitrate, 1 part Potassium Sulfate, 1 part Magnesium Sulfate, 1 part Plantex CSM+B.

There is no Potassium Phoshate in PMDD which is much needed, these ingredient's are much better dosed on an individual basis for much better control.

I would hold off on increasing the light over the tank until you can get your hand's on the fert's, will be glad to help when you do, in the mean time I would say find some fleet enema if possible and double dose the PMDD along with a few Tbsp of enema (which is Potassium Phosphate).

Thanks

Craig

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 01:37 PM
BSS

PTrader: (12/100%)
I started off with the PMDD prescribed approach a year or so back. However, the newer techniques, including the Tom Barr EI dosing schedule (which I'm trying to focus on), add *tons* more ferts than you could ever get wtih the prescribed PMDD drops. The original PMDD piece was definitely a great piece in its day, but IMHO techniques have definitely continued to evolve since that early piece.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-23-2005, 08:02 AM Thread Starter

My apologies for the delayed thank you. I'm looking through Greg Watson's site now. I will invest in these ferts (I definitely should, right?) and get back to you guys.

Have I mentioned that I'm really appreciative of your efforts? Thank you once again.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-24-2005, 03:05 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise Control
(I definitely should, right?)
Yes Indeed!

Craig

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-24-2005, 03:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WfxXx
Yes Indeed!
Wow, I just checked through Greg Watson's site and those ferts will set me back $215! That seems on the high side but if you really think I should, I will get it these:

Plantex CSM+B
KH2P04 Mono Potassium Phosphate
K2S04 Potassium Sulfate
Iron Chelate
Magnesium Sulfate

I can get KN03 at Ace Hardware. Isn't there any other place I can get those things? Like in pharmacies or such?
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-24-2005, 03:35 AM
Planted Tank Guru

$215??? you got to be kidding!!! no way, jezzus all that cost me like $25
are you sure that is what he said? if you can find those ingredient's elsewhere, please do...
I am going to send greg an email asking him about this...

Craig

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-24-2005, 03:39 AM Thread Starter

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I quoted $215 in Malaysian Ringgit and not US Dollars. The exchange rate is 3.8 so I have to pay like four times more for the ferts and shipping.

Greg's prices are cheap. It's the exchange rate that is killing me.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-24-2005, 03:42 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Definitly get some KN03 from ACE, try the Rx for Fleet or any Phoshate, do you have access to Trace? flourish, TMG, from LFS?

Craig

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-24-2005, 03:46 AM
Planted Tank Guru

See what you can find, anything that you cannot get, pm me, I will then purchase from greg and send to you for way less...

Craig

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-24-2005, 03:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WfxXx
try the Rx for Fleet or any Phoshate
Um, english, please? Hehe.

I know I can get my hands on trace elements. I've seen the bottles. I will check out an LFS here and report back to you on the brands available.

You're serious about sending me the stuff from Greg? I might have to seriously take you up on your offer. In the meantime, LFS here I come.

Thank you very, very much.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-24-2005, 04:00 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Sorry, Rx=drugstore
Yes I am serious!

Craig

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-28-2005, 06:21 AM Thread Starter

Hey WfxXx (I can only do this by copy & paste!)

I checked out a leading drugstore here and they don't have Fleet Enema. They've got Atomic Enema which is 16% Sodium Chloride, which I doubt is the same thing. But I did find Epsom Salts!

LFS does not have Flourish nor TMG. Are they the only brands you reccommend? They've got other brands of trace elements, though.

So right now I can get Potassium Nitrate (stump remover) and Magnesium Sulfate (Epsom Salt).

I might have to take you up on your shipment offer.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode