dose my dry ferts for me - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (18/100%)
dose my dry ferts for me

I've done endless nights of research and according to the plants im not dosing them correctly. I'm not going to post how I did it because there tends to be those few on here that bash your techniques and thats not helping anyone. My ph is 7.6 but lowers slightly through out the week because of my pressurized co2. My aquarium is a heavily planted 125 gallon tank with driftwood. I change the water 50% a week. It holds German Blue Rams, Bolivian Rams and Apistogramma Cacatuoides. Also a few tiger barbs, Molly fry and corydoras.
My dry ferts are: KNO3, K2SO4, MGSO4 and Plantex CSM+B. I also have some seachem excel im using up the last of the bottle before switching to metrecide 14. These are all I have to work with for now. Please suggest a dosing regimine and schedule. I'd be glad to answer any questions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 06:17 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)
I'm not familiar with dosing with CO2 injected tank, but is there really a need for the excel or metracide 14 since your CO2 injection is providing the carbon? I know its Excel is suggested for non-co2 tanks to provide a consistent carbon source. I don't know if that would have anything to do with how your plants are doing though.

Maybe you aren't dosing enough ferts for the amount of plants and the size tank you have cause it sounds like you have all the ingredients for a good dosing regimen.

What is your lighting? that might have an impact.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 06:45 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (24/100%)
Send a message via AIM to HolyAngel
It looks to me like you're missing phosphorous/KH2PO4 which you will need to get, but dosing should be:

1 1/2 tsp KNO3 -mon/wed/fri
1/4 tsp KH2PO4 -mon/wed/fri
30ml or 1/4 tsp csm+b -tue/thu/sat
Gh booster If you have it - just after Sunday water change

And You shouldn't need excel at all with pressurized co2.

K2so4 is for extra potassium if you need it, but If you dose nitrogen/phosphorous to that chart then there should be enough potassium already.

SunSun Pimp # 42

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 06:47 PM
Children Boogie

PTrader: (13/100%)
You'd need KH2PO4 as well for phosphates.
You can try getting my ferts calculator if you have an iphone or ipod touch.

for
KH2PO4 - .5 teaspoons
KNO3 - .7 teaspoons
K2SO4 - as much or little as you like, shoot for .4 tsp
CSM+B - .4 tsp

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 06:50 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)
darn forgot about the KH2PO4

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (18/100%)
Thanks guys well see if they work and ill order some kh2po4. I dose the Excel to keep brown algae down because it likes my micro sword. When I stopped the excel my plant growth slowed so i figured is keep going.

Last edited by zoea; 08-17-2011 at 04:32 PM.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode