Super quick dry fert question, help please! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-17-2011, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (25/100%)
Super quick dry fert question, help please!

Ok, so I am planning this out...

20~40gal
50% H20 change-weekly
1/4 Tsp-KN03 3x a week
1/16 Tsp-KH2P04 3x aweek
1/2 Tsp-GH booster once a week
5ml or 1/16Tsp-Trace 3x a week
Optional
1-2ml-Fe/Iron 3x a week

Using this as an example...

Can I mix everything into one bottle? Or add NPK into one bottle then separate CSM+B, from what i have read it reacts with phosphates..

How would I go about doing this? Is their a minimum amount of water needed? Say I used a old excel bottle, could I mix a a months dosage worth in 250ml and dose 20ml each dosing?

Would this hold true if I were to mix a mixture for my 56g tank? Could I use the same concept with a 250ml bottle it would just be much more concentrated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fraternity of dirt #8

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-17-2011, 10:57 PM
Banned

PTrader: (10/100%)
NPK should be separate from trace.
I get one of those dosing bottles and measure out 2 weeks worth of dosing 3xweek. So add 14 x 1/2 tsp. KNO3, 14 x 1/16 KH2PO4, and 1/2 tsp GH all into the dosing bottle or whatever you use and fill with water. With the dosing bottle it makes it easy because 1 oz full of the little chamber is one full dose for your tank that day and there are larger ones too for what you might need.
Edit: Actually I have a 16 oz bottle so it lasts 16 days and 1 oz is one dose for my tank to clear that up.
#2 Didn't read your whole post, got to replying first but yes same thing you could do a months supply, maybe shake it up before each use too as a precaution.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode