RO filter system - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
RO filter system

Hey,
So i have been away from the forums for quite some time... and unfortunatly in that time I couldnt keep up with my water changes as i used to (super busy summer). But As a result of my towns horribly Hard water source and evoporation concentrating it in my tank my CRS have suffered and died off... (cant explain how frustrated it makes me)
Sooooo.... I have decided to not play around anymore and go with a R/O filer system. But im totally new to the RO game. and i'm clueless in what i should be looking for.

I have a 13.3 gal tank, and eheim classic 2211 currently
And if it helps any 2x24watt T5 HO, and paintball CO2 at ~2 bps

any sugestions? advice?
im not really lookin to spend a rediculose amout of $ either... haha

thanks,
John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 11:01 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)
I just purchased this 60 GPD system and they're having free shipping so it was a pretty good deal. Unit came well packaged and seems to be very well put together. Had no leaks when I hooked it up.

I was going to purchase a unit from The Filter Guys but they do charge shipping which adds significant cost($32 in my case) but I hear they have excellent service.

Finally, SpectraPure's website sells RO membranes for dirt cheap. If you want to upgrade your system you could buy the 60GPD system and pop in a 90 or 100GPD membrane for only $35 more.

Edit: Another option is to find a place that sells bottled RO/DI water. I have a place that allows you to refill a 5 gallon bottle for $1.35. Since you have a small tank that could also be an economical option.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode