Would like someone to look over my EI dosing amounts/schedule - converting dry to liq
I'm adding pressurized Co2 to my tank this week and will start EI dosing this week. I would really like someone to take a look at my numbers and see if everything look okay.
Tank is a 75g, 2-4" of EC substrate front to back, moderate-highly planted, but new cuttings. Catalina T5HO 3 bulb fixture, mounted on top of tank using legs, plan on using a 10k and Grow light to start, 3rd bulb is a 6700. Tank is approximately 95% stocked. Bolivian Rams, Dwarf Rainbows, Sunset Platy's, Guppies, Cardinal Tetra's, Albino Cory's and Oto's.
Target CO2 - 25-30ppm
I purchased my dry ferts from GLA and two 500ml dispensers.
What I plan on doing is mixing the dry ferts in the dispensers and applying every other day. From the general EI guidelines:
Mixture 1 - Macro:
1. 3/4 tsp KNO3 3x a week, x5 weeks (15oz) should equal 3.75 tbsp.
2. 3/16 tsp KH2PO4 3x a week, x5 weeks (15oz) should equal 2.81 tbsp.
I plan on mixing these with 443ml of water and applying 29.57ml (1oz) Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Mixture 2 - Micro: (Stored in refigerator)
1. 2 tbsp CSM+B into 500ml of water. This should give me twenty five 20ml doses which I plan on applying on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
50% Water change on Sunday with 1tsp of Ultimate GH Booster from GLA.
Do my calculations/schedule seem correct so far?
Now a few questions...
1. I was originally going to go with the PMDD method and purchased K2S04 and MGS04. Going with the EI method, is there any need for these?
2. I've read that you should dose Micro and Macro on different days... and then I've read that it's fine to dose all in the same day as they will be diluted enough by the time you add the remainder. Should I stay with my outlined schedule or should I cut the dose in half and dose both 6 days per week?
3. Is tap water okay for the Micro mixture or should I used distilled?
4. Since this is my starting dosing amounts and first time, should I make any adjustments due to the tank being heavily stocked?
Thanks for any help, recommendations and advice!