Doping..! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 01:37 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
Doping..!

Sooo, i'm /sure/ the idea has come across a few of your minds.

Let's just get it out in the open.

Who's entertained the use of, um, foreign growth accelerants?

We all know that kid who, in his school science fair, fed a plant caffeine. Don't tell me i'm the only person who's thought of it.

"In other news, famed aquatic horticulturalists Takashi Amano and Tom Barr were indicted in an international UN-Funded sting operation involving the use of human growth hormone ... film at 11."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 04:11 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (84/100%)
How could human growth hormone be beneficial to plants? There are people selling bottles of water with some plant hormones in them in small concentrations, as "magic water" for planted tanks. But, no steroids yet, as far as I can recall. Furthermore, how would you persuade your plants to do the necessary weight training to make use of the steroids?

Hoppy
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

The HGH bit was a stretch, sure.

I bet the 'masters' of the trade have some kind of magical Pixie Dust along these lines, though.

(I predict a flurry of posts from said 'masters' describing its "just good science and levels and testing and dilligence and blah blah blah.." It's a front, they're /up/ to something...)

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 04:36 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)
Many of the plants we have would do much better if we stopped trying to drown them.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 05:22 PM
Fresh Fish Freak

PTrader: (70/100%)
I'd personally prefer a growth slowing hormone. Trimming is too much like work, sometimes.

- Next meeting Monday, Oct 13, 2014 @ 7:15pm- See ya there!

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 05:32 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)
^^^^

I'm down to one fast growing stem plant just because of that. This is a hobby and not a full time job. lol
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 06:29 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (7/100%)
Is that why Barr's cardinal tetras are 8" long? I always wondered about him...

----------The Tank---------------------------The Car--------------------------The Life-----------
Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 09:35 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (267/100%)
The "magic dust" is common sense and perhaps patience.

There are no tricks.

You can add Super Thrive and see if it does anything to your weeds.........
Cost 2$ for a little bottle etc.

I think focusing more on good light ranges/spread, good filters, current and CO2 goes much farther along.

Regards,
Tom Barr
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 04:04 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)
would superthrive be benefial in a planted tank? and not harm it or the fish? hwo can you get it for $2?? it costs me 8!

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 04:17 AM
These pants? are fancy.

PTrader: (272/100%)
my last bottle of superthrive was 4 dollars at home depot, not bad :P

Also, I've used gibberellic acid on other plants I've grown (not aquatic), and also some other plant growth hormones. Sure they work, just look into tissue culturing, and you'll see what I'm talking about
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 04:35 AM
Plant Clown

PTrader: (32/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh.salty View Post
Many of the plants we have would do much better if we stopped trying to drown them.
^+1

...and yet, we can't seem to help ourselves
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by plantbrain View Post
The "magic dust" is common sense and perhaps patience.

There are no tricks.

You can add Super Thrive and see if it does anything to your weeds.........
Cost 2$ for a little bottle etc.

I think focusing more on good light ranges/spread, good filters, current and CO2 goes much farther along.
See post #3.

I am going to get to the bottom of this conspiracy. I think there's a shadowy consortium within the hobby conspiring to keep their 'real' additives from us common people. I predict that organ harvesting is involved. Maybe even /the occult!/

All this stuff about watts per gallon, PAR over distance, fert levels, CO2 levels... it's all just a distraction.

(bonus points for knowing what movie it's from)

Last edited by esworp; 05-11-2011 at 03:33 PM.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 03:31 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by esworp View Post
See post #3.

I am going to get to the bottom of this conspiracy. I think there's a shadowy consortium within the hobby conspiring to keep their 'real' additives from us common people. I predict that organ harvesting is involved. Maybe even /the occult!/

All this stuff about watts per gallon, PAR over distance, fert levels, CO2 levels... it's all just a distraction.
Lmbo!!!!! Blood! It's the secret to red stem plants.

You can call me Bob

"have no fear, help is here!"

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode