2Likes
  • 1 Post By Edward
  • 1 Post By P.Isley

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-15-2020, 11:51 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Getting PPS PRO to work

So as the title says I am struggling to dial in PPS PRO ferts in my tank. I started infusing pressurized Co2 about 4 months ago and decided to use this method of fertilization. I thought I finally found a sweet spot in the balance but a snail crawled out of my tank which prompted me to check my parameters and it was 0-0-40/80 (can’t tell the difference)

To note this was a week after the canister filter was cleaned (in tank water) and 2 days after a 50 percent water change. So I went to work researching and because my tap has about 15-20 nitrates I decided to remix my macros and take out the kno3 and replace it with a 50 percent increased dose of k2so4 to replace the K. I rechecked my and nitrates are coming down now.

So my current problem is my slower growing plants are developing holes in the leaves and I suspect a K deficiency. Java ferns, Buce, and a sword plant. How in the world do I add more potassium in this situation??? The stems look fine.

Tank is 44 gallons which I would consider heavily planted, PPS PRO 9ml macro and 4.5 micro daily, Co2 with drop checker lime green at end of day, I have a power head, surface skimmer and eheim 2217 canister. Not heavily stocked.

Any help appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-16-2020, 12:57 AM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockish View Post
Ö which prompted me to check my parameters and it was 0-0-40/80 Ö
What does 0-0-40/80 mean?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-16-2020, 01:00 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

0 ammonia
0 nitrite
40-80 nitrate (itís hard to differentiate(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockish View Post
Ö which prompted me to check my parameters and it was 0-0-40/80 Ö
What does 0-0-40/80 mean?
sorry I replied but didnít quote you

Last edited by Darkblade48; 10-16-2020 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Please use the edit function for back to back posts to keep threads cleaner

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-16-2020, 01:08 AM
Wannabe Guru

How old is the setup?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-16-2020, 01:31 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
How old is the setup?
About a year
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-16-2020, 12:39 PM
Wannabe Guru

Hi
Looks like too much fertilizer. Cut it in half, change water and get a TDS meter. It will tell you how much more fertilizer is in the water than in the tap. This way you can keep it under control.
Immortal1 likes this.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-16-2020, 05:22 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

@Edward thought I would try PPS for a change. First time I ever used CSM +B is it supposed to be yellowish green?
I wonder if the Copper oxidized a little, it all dissolved in solution so its probably okay. I had a sealed package from NilocG that I never used for about 2 years I wonder if it went off.

Also is 10ml/250ml water enough Excel to inhibit mould?

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-16-2020, 06:16 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl3537 View Post
@Edward thought I would try PPS for a change. First time I ever used CSM +B is it supposed to be yellowish green?
I wonder if the Copper oxidized a little, it all dissolved in solution so its probably okay. I had a sealed package from NilocG that I never used for about 2 years I wonder if it went off.

Also is 10ml/250ml water enough Excel to inhibit mould?
I donít know what the latest CSM+B colour is because I donít use it. Maybe someone will chime in who knows the product. I use Upgraded Trace Mix.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-17-2020, 05:52 AM
Algae Grower

My csm+B mixes up yellow green too...
cl3537 likes this.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-17-2020, 06:00 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
I donít know what the latest CSM+B colour is because I donít use it. Maybe someone will chime in who knows the product. I use Upgraded Trace Mix.
I used DTPA Fe before that is more of an Amber Orange color it seems like EDTA Fe is more yellowish green.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode