Not seeing value in "megadosing" nutrients - Page 7 - The Planted Tank Forum
 190Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 91 (permalink) Old 10-24-2020, 04:12 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanna View Post
In a roundabout way, you are saying that your CO2 level and/or fertilizer level(s) may have been too limited for your plant mass until you slowed plant growth with a lower light level. Algae should be suppressed, no matter what the light level, if you have sufficient plant mass and plants are healthy and growing well. However, as others mentioned, it becomes increasingly more important to ensure stability as light increases.

If you are happy where you are, then it is no longer an issue. If you ever do decide you want more light or a longer photoperiod, Iíd first try to figure out why you canít get CO2 where you want it. You should be able to reach a full 1-point pH drop, and beyond, with pressurized CO2. If you do achieve higher CO2 levels, be prepared to adjust other nutrients higher, as well.
I would add something to that.

Raise light levels slowly. It's a big difference to jump from 70 to 120 PAR all at once. It's a shock to the system and all manner of algae could break out. I always do it over weeks/months. Another method is to have a higher "burst" in the middle of the lighting period, then slowly expand that over time.

And take notes and pictures. I take far more pictures than I post here. It helps me go back and correlate with all my tracking.
zivvel and Deanna like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
---
---
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode