Need help making switch from liquid to dry ferts - The Planted Tank Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sam the Slayer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-09-2020, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Need help making switch from liquid to dry ferts

A while back I had a tank struggling with deficiencies and I tried seachem flourish to see what it would do for me and it's helped tremendously. But I don't want to keep buying flourish and I would like to make the switch to Nilocg planted csm+b and Nilocg potassium sulfate if that's possible.

So my question is what's the closest amount of csm+b and potassium sulfate to equal seachem flourish?
Or if I'm using 2 cap fulls of flourish weekly what's the closest amount of these dry ferts to that?

Forgive me if this is easier then I thought...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-09-2020, 10:32 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Get Easy Green from Aquarium Co-Op . Little goes a long way and not too expensive .

My wife says if I get one more aquarium she is going to leave me . I sure am going to miss her fried chicken .
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-09-2020, 11:23 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by manakh View Post
A while back I had a tank struggling with deficiencies and I tried seachem flourish to see what it would do for me and it's helped tremendously. But I don't want to keep buying flourish and I would like to make the switch to Nilocg planted csm+b and Nilocg potassium sulfate if that's possible.

So my question is what's the closest amount of csm+b and potassium sulfate to equal seachem flourish?
Or if I'm using 2 cap fulls of flourish weekly what's the closest amount of these dry ferts to that?

Forgive me if this is easier then I thought...
Flourish essentially has no macro nutrients. They are in such tiny amounts that you're mostly relying on your fish food and fish waste to provide most of what you need, for just a tiny amount of plants. CSM+B and Potassium sulfate is still only a portion of what you need.

You need to first figure out what method of fertilization you want to use. Do you use CO2? Maybe consider EI dosing. Whatever you pick, you want to provide macro nutrients (N P K) and micro, in an amount suitable for your tank, light levels, CO2, and plant mass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeatl View Post
Get Easy Green from Aquarium Co-Op . Little goes a long way and not too expensive .
EasyGreen either has some problem with the formulation where the phosphates become inactive, or they are unreadable by a phosphate test (which is no good if you're trying to keep an eye on your nutrient levels). I don't trust it.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-10-2020, 02:14 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

My tank is extremely heavily stocked. Need no phosphates or nitrates. Like I said i had a deficiency and I've been using flourish and it's helped tremendously. I've also been adding a tiny bit more potassium on top of it. I just need to know how much csm+b and potassium to add to be close to flourish...

This is actually primarily a pothos planted tank so no co2

From what I can tell from the leaves I've just about got it right with the flourish... The growth has exploded
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-11-2020, 03:32 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/100%)
Use a nutrient dosing calculator like rotala butterfly to figure out what your dose currently equals to and then match that with csmb

https://rotalabutterfly.com/nutrient-calculator.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mark Fisher likes this.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode