Good morning everyone Happy Father's day to the dads out there...
I woke up this morning and continued my almost daily routine of water testing on this particular tank.
As expected all my levels are still zero with the exception of phosphate - >10. I'm going to stop on the water changes for a little bit as I've bottomed out on Nitrates for too long and I can see it's effect on plant growth. 16 fish and a snail in a 5 gallon tank and I can't keep up nitrates - wow ... At least the tank is looking real nice and I'm starting to see some growth.
To deal with the high phosphate I've started to add some phosphate absorbing material. I'll update everyone on my progress with it.
In addition, I've tested the Phosphate kit on other tanks and it seems to be working. I would love to calibrate it but I don't know where to get phosphate.
As for my algae issue that originally led me to the diagnosis of high phosphates, seachem Excel is keeping it at bay - for now...
Attaching a pic of the tank from this morning.
I hope everyone enjoys their Father's day!