17Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (21/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to happi
Marcel Golias English Version

For those who like to read up on Marcel's Experiments and other plant related stuff and those who had a hard time translating the Previous website, you can now view it in English without any headaches. some aspect of the website is still being translated, so hang in there.
ipkiss and Maryland Guppy like this.

DIY Trace/Micro/Macro Recipe
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DIY Trace/Micro/Calculation Etc
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by somewhatshocked; 07-27-2019 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Don't promote banned members
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 11:47 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (52/100%)
Interesting reading.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 06:10 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff5614 View Post
Interesting reading.
Yes it is, too bad Marcel left the hobby and isn't available to fill in the gaps or answer questions. Most of his experiments are incomplete, the writing is not polished, and a great deal of the site while plausible and logical, is still poorly cited unproven theory.

There is good information on the site(I especially liked the chemical analysis of different aquasoils) but you really have to dig, and ultimately most of it hasn't been reproduced or verified.

Many of the experiments are Ad Hoc and with changing too many variables at once so its difficult to draw any definitive conclusions.

Happi is one of the few promoting this material these days, its pretty obvious he would like better recognition for Marcel's work and methods. Unfortunately he didn't perform the experiments published on the site, and he doesn't seem to be able to answer detailed questions or to present the conclusions in a clear enough way that they can be readily applied.

For Example:

'Marschner Ratios' taken from a dry mass elemental analysis and converted to dosing regime is quite a leap of faith, the assumptions made to arrive at the fert ratios and baseline concentrations are not explained well.

Last edited by cl3537; 07-14-2019 at 06:31 PM. Reason: ...

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 11:20 AM
Banned

Ask him if you wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl3537 View Post
too bad Marcel left the hobby and isn't available to fill in the gaps or answer questions...
@cl3537 You can ask him on his little discussion forum:

Last edited by somewhatshocked; 07-27-2019 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Don't promote banned members
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 02:23 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (13/100%)
I don't see any takers on Marcel's forum yet???

Seems new and recently put into action.

I am very tempted since measuring consumption has been my thing lately.

Growing is not that difficult.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 02:52 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (21/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to happi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryland Guppy View Post
I don't see any takers on Marcel's forum yet???

Seems new and recently put into action.

I am very tempted since measuring consumption has been my thing lately.
Yes the forum is a new thing, orginally there was no plan to make such a thing as there are already existing forums like TPT and others.
Maryland Guppy likes this.

DIY Trace/Micro/Macro Recipe

DIY Trace/Micro/Calculation Etc
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 09:48 PM
Banned

Wait, wait, wait are we talking about the same Marcel ? Marcel who did the experiments showing how EI was for sure toxic for Rotala wallichii and only very low amounts of nitrogen ( even below 10) are needed to obtain maximal growth ? There were some skeptical members saying that there needs to be more research and to not jump to conclusions ... it took years but on his site he agrees the experiment was flawed and results should not be heavily relied upon. This Marcel, right ?

The Marcel who started this thread https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/1...atic-life.html ? and similar one for his experiment and was very active in a few others till most of them were locked or entirely deleted ? This Marcel, right ?

And of all things, we are asked to join Marcel's forum by his new minion ? The Marcel who started deleting / removing most text from his posts ? He was banned for this reason. He filled several copyright complaints against plantedtank.net for the content he posted earlier. All shows a member with problems integrating in a social context, to say the least. This Marcel, right ?

Are we supposed to feel bad for such a loss ?

Oh, yeah and Marcel is very active don't worry... after being banned from here he started being more active on ukaps.org under the name Zozo. He recently posted there. In keeping with the character, he was first talking about "Marcel" in the third person , eventually admitting he was Marcel. The same Marcel we are talking about, right ?

by the way ? @Moderators is the administration team fine with this shameless promotion by happi to sign up for another forum ? A forum created by someone kicked from here ? I know that would have resulted in a kick from most reddit subs and fb groups
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 10:03 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas8912 View Post
Wait, wait, wait are we talking about the same Marcel ?
@thomas8912 I don't know you, but I like you already LOL!
Maryland Guppy and thomas8912 like this.

---
---
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 10:47 PM
Banned

Glad I'm still likeable to some.

Took a pause from the hobby and it seems in the time this website had been hacked and I have lost access to my old account... Not to my memory thankfully... Ah well gonna keep looking for inspiration and restart a journal.

Sent from my JSN-L22 using Tapatalk
Greggz likes this.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 10:59 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Glad I'm still likeable to some.

Took a pause from the hobby and it seems in the time this website had been hacked and I have lost access to my old account... Not to my memory thankfully... Ah well gonna keep looking for inspiration and restart a journal.

Sent from my JSN-L22 using Tapatalk
Looking forward to it!

Always enjoy following a new journey. Remember to post pics or it didn't happen.
Immortal1 likes this.

---
---
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 09:11 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:

by the way ? @Moderators is the administration team fine with this shameless promotion by happi to sign up for another forum ? A forum created by someone kicked from here ? I know that would have resulted in a kick from most reddit subs and fb groups
I highly doubt that Happi is Marcel, if he is, poor Marcel has suffered from Amnesia, as @happi has just about zero ability to properly explain the majority of the content on Marcel's website or answer any questions properly.
Greggz and Maryland Guppy like this.

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 12:41 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
I highly doubt that Happi is Marcel, if he is, poor Marcel has suffered from Amnesia, as @happi has just about zero ability to properly explain the majority of the content on Marcel's website or answer any questions properly.
I think this might be the second time we agree on something!

But he is referring to Happi pointing folks to Marcel's site.
Maryland Guppy likes this.

---
---
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 12:58 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggz View Post
Quote:
I think this might be the second time we agree on something!:-)
You guys!! I'm so proud!
Greggz and Maryland Guppy like this.
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 01:19 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoulter View Post
You guys!! I'm so proud!
Thanks for the LOL........It was a good one!

---
---
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 04:47 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggz View Post
I think this might be the second time we agree on something!
We agree on more things than is readily apparent these days. However I see no point in posting or commenting on standard stuff which anyone who spends enough time on this forum can explain easily. I leave that to you or others who enjoy repeating yourself day in and day out and keeping this forum active.

Last edited by cl3537; 07-25-2019 at 04:48 AM. Reason: ...
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode