Marcel Golias English Version - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum
 17Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (21/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to happi
@cl3537 and @Greggz i have nothing to do with Marcel or his website, i have only shared the website and his plans about opening a Forum for discussion, no one here is forced to join it. plus i can see why @cl3537 is trying to discredit Macrcel with such a hate, @cl3537 was recently banned from my group due to his attitude.

i believe @Greggz is the same guy who recently reduced the Boron dosing as it was destroying his plant, at the same time he refuses to accept that certain nutrients are toxic to plants.

i know what you guys are trying to do here, i have seen this trend before, you guys are trying to cause a chaos here so Admin could either lock this thread or delete it. seen this happen before on several occasions.

DIY Trace/Micro/Macro Recipe
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DIY Trace/Micro/Calculation Etc
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas8912 View Post
Wait, wait, wait are we talking about the same Marcel ? Marcel who did the experiments showing how EI was for sure toxic for Rotala wallichii and only very low amounts of nitrogen ( even below 10) are needed to obtain maximal growth ? There were some skeptical members saying that there needs to be more research and to not jump to conclusions ... it took years but on his site he agrees the experiment was flawed and results should not be heavily relied upon. This Marcel, right ?

The Marcel who started this thread https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/1...atic-life.html ? and similar one for his experiment and was very active in a few others till most of them were locked or entirely deleted ? This Marcel, right ?

And of all things, we are asked to join Marcel's forum by his new minion ? The Marcel who started deleting / removing most text from his posts ? He was banned for this reason. He filled several copyright complaints against plantedtank.net for the content he posted earlier. All shows a member with problems integrating in a social context, to say the least. This Marcel, right ?

Are we supposed to feel bad for such a loss ?

Oh, yeah and Marcel is very active don't worry... after being banned from here he started being more active on ukaps.org under the name Zozo. He recently posted there. In keeping with the character, he was first talking about "Marcel" in the third person , eventually admitting he was Marcel. The same Marcel we are talking about, right ?

by the way ? @Moderators is the administration team fine with this shameless promotion by happi to sign up for another forum ? A forum created by someone kicked from here ? I know that would have resulted in a kick from most reddit subs and fb groups
i can only comment on what i know about marcel, "Marcel who did the experiments showing how EI was for sure toxic for Rotala wallichii" if you look at his Wallichii Experiments compared to EI levels, you will see N content was either equal or much higher than EI in some experiment and growth rate can be seen in those pictures as well for comparison.

“he agrees the experiment was flawed and results should not be heavily relied upon. This Marcel, right ?”
I would love to see where he have said this? Including which experiment was flawed.

“by the way ? @Moderators is the administration team fine with this shameless promotion by happi to sign up for another forum ? A forum created by someone kicked from here ? I know that would have resulted in a kick from most reddit subs and fb groups”

No one is obligated to sign up or read his work, I only shared what is linked to this hobby and could be helpful.

"And of all things, we are asked to join Marcel's forum by his new minion ? The Marcel who started deleting / removing most text from his posts ? He was banned for this reason. He filled several copyright complaints against plantedtank.net for the content he posted earlier. All shows a member with problems integrating in a social context, to say the least. This Marcel, right ?

Are we supposed to feel bad for such a loss ?

Oh, yeah and Marcel is very active don't worry... after being banned from here he started being more active on ukaps.org under the name Zozo. He recently posted there. In keeping with the character, he was first talking about "Marcel" in the third person , eventually admitting he was Marcel. The same Marcel we are talking about, right ? "

far as i remember, i could still see almost all the posts posted by him unless they were deleted by the Mod/Admin. if Zozo is Marcel, then I could easily make a new profile and then pretend for a while and then accept it one day by saying "yes i am Marcel, you guys got me". i will be looking and waiting for a proof about your claims regarding what you have said about Marcel.

Here’s the question for you guys, why Vin, Dennis and other members are switching to lower or leaner water Colum dosing, this trend is fairly new to the hobby compare to few years back when Macrel and some other members were trying to encourage lean dosing.

Last edited by happi; 07-25-2019 at 05:32 PM. Reason: NA
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 12:43 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by happi View Post
i believe @Greggz is the same guy who recently reduced the Boron dosing as it was destroying his plant, at the same time he refuses to accept that certain nutrients are toxic to plants.

i know what you guys are trying to do here, i have seen this trend before, you guys are trying to cause a chaos here so Admin could either lock this thread or delete it. seen this happen before on several occasions.
Hey Happi I did overdose on B over a year ago. I was testing the upper limits in my tank, and when I found it the carnage was swift. I wrote about it, and said that the level I hit was clearly toxic to many plants. Dang near wiped out my R. Macranda Var. overnight.

So not sure why you would say I refuse to accept the certain nutrients are toxic, I have experienced it myself. I also had issues with CSM+B being toxic years ago. Could only dose very, very small amounts. Issues with micros all changed when I switched over to custom micros at the suggestion of Burr. Not sure if it's more related to DTPA or more controlled levels of everything? But doesn't matter, it works.

And I have no desire to get your thread locked or deleted. We don't always agree, and may come to different conclusions, but there is room for many theories to be explored here. Like I have said many time, show me a beautifully presented tank full of healthy plants, and I am interested in learning more.

You should post some current tank shots and your methodology here. Maybe start a journal. I would enjoy seeing it and learning how you are managing your tank these days.

---
---

post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 03:54 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
i have only MENTION=393685]cl3537 is trying to discredit Macrcel with such a hate
I don't have any hate for Marcel, never spoke to him, I like his preliminary work and would like him to fill in the gaps on his website if he can.

One thing is clear though YOU have zero ability to answer any of my detailed questions about Marcel's work and he doesn't participate in your facebook group. I should know, I tried asking you questions regularly for a couple months in the group chat and everytime it was an excercise in futility as you simply don't know, but your enormous elephant sized ego pretends otherwise.

Quote:
@cl3537 was recently banned from my group due to his attitude.
After spending far too long in your facebook group and chat I realized you have very weak ability and experience to diagnose plant deficiencies.

Tropica Specialized is very lean in Phosphorus and Potassium, the ratios of these compares to Nitrogen is low compared to all other fertilizers.

After I sent you my plant photos regularly (such as Ludwigia Palustris), your advice was continuously HORRIBLE, my plants were suffering from deficiencies, and your advice was try to LOWER dosing and that I have a Cu Toxicity from my tap water. Everything you suggested was dead wrong over and over again for weeks.

I called you out and I said "You are just guessing and your guess is no better than mine" your ego couldn't handle it so you banned me. I won't lose any sleep over not participating in your useless chat group.

Its a good thing Vin Kutty was able to put me on the right track(he pointed out the likely P deficiency right away from the photos) and switching from Tropica to PPS-PRO has turned the tank around.

post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl3537 View Post
I don't have any hate for Marcel, never spoke to him, I like his preliminary work and would like him to fill in the gaps on his website if he can.

One thing is clear though YOU have zero ability to answer any of my detailed questions about Marcel's work and he doesn't participate in your facebook group. I should know, I tried asking you questions regularly for a couple months in the group chat and everytime it was an excercise in futility as you simply don't know, but your enormous elephant sized ego pretends otherwise.

After spending far too long in your facebook group and chat I realized you have very weak ability and experience to diagnose plant deficiencies.

Tropica Specialized is very lean in Phosphorus and Potassium, the ratios of these compares to Nitrogen is low compared to all other fertilizers.

After I sent you my plant photos regularly (such as Ludwigia Palustris), your advice was continuously HORRIBLE, my plants were suffering from deficiencies, and your advice was try to LOWER dosing and that I have a Cu Toxicity from my tap water. Everything you suggested was dead wrong over and over again for weeks.

I called you out and I said "You are just guessing and your guess is no better than mine" your ego couldn't handle it so you banned me. I won't lose any sleep over not participating in your useless chat group.

Its a good thing Vin Kutty was able to put me on the right track(he pointed out the likely P deficiency right away from the photos) and switching from Tropica to PPS-PRO has turned the tank around.
I stopped answering your questions when you were not even following the exact advice, for example: your tank water had 10 ppm Mg, I said not to add more, you went ahead and added more anyway, so I saw no reason to help you further, but that was not the main reason, you would disrespect all the other members as well. You constantly claimed Marcel is wrong, am wrong, whatever I said was false etc. I wasn't even sure how you lasted in the group for so long. I know you claim to be a chemist guy, but you failed to understand the basic concept of fertilizer and couldn't even grow a simple plant properly. You were struggling with simple plant and wanted to fix the issues, I pointed you to try tropica, you said you failed with that too, tropica is one of the best brand and many use it, only you seems to be struggling with it, you keeping on posting pics of plant which appear to either look really bad or not growing well at all, you suddenly start changing many variables at once, this was the main problem with your approach. You switched to pps pro and at the same time you are saying you added more po4, now how you know which is helping, pps or po4? You were given all the advice including adding more Po4 as well, but you were changing everything so fast, you were getting mixed results every day. One day you thought it was iron deficiency, next day Mg, then next day Po4, I told you to have patience and give it a at least 2 weeks before you change anything. From the group, it seems like you were the only one who was struggling, majority of people were growing plant very well, including those who used tropica or tropica clone, look at Tim or Evan tanks for example.

Regarding the question you asked me, here's an example of your question: my this plant is suffering from deficiencies, tell me what is it?

My answer was, its impossible to tell the difference between deficiencies or toxicity as they both resemble similar symptoms, we looked at your water report and Cu was bit high in your tap, I suggested you add something which can reduce the heavy metals in water, I suggested try RO water, I suggested reduce or cut the micro and make your own, I suggested playing with fertilizer as you won't achieve everything in one day, you didn't listen to a single advice and instead your answer was something like, am wrong, am false, marcel is wrong, his website is false etc.

Look at the forum here with tons of thread, people dose excess ferts and yet they claimed that they are suffering from plant deficiencies. Some said its co2, some says add more of this or that, you are almost of the same page.

I have answered all your questions as I would answer to others, but you dont have patience and want imidate results.

Like I said, you will look for every reason to make me look bad, even though i tried to help you and am still willing to help you.
Greggz likes this.

post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 04:18 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

@happi you are not doing yourself, me, Marcel's work, or your facebook group any favors by having this argument about my tank on TPT.

Contact me privately if you like, I'm not going to respond to that long diatribe, I don't agree with your assessment(and could copy paste the facebook chat with photographs and timestamps to refute what you wrote) but I know better than to hash this out here.

None of this has anything to do with Marcel's work, my point is if Marcel will stand up and defend his work and answer questions I'd be happy to talk with him but using you as an intermediary is not practical.

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
@happi you are not doing yourself, me, Marcel's work, or your facebook group any favors by having this argument about my tank on TPT.

Contact me privately if you like, I'm not going to respond to that long diatribe, I don't agree with your assessment(and could copy paste the facebook chat with photographs and timestamps to refute what you wrote) but I know better than to hash this out here.

None of this has anything to do with Marcel's work, my point is if Marcel will stand up and defend his work and answer questions I'd be happy to talk with him but using you as an intermediary is not practical.
then instead of starting a argument, why not help yourself by trying multiple methods, different approaches. you are more than welcome to share the photos of the chat, make sure you share everything, not just one part of the chat, for example: "your tap water have lot of Cu, we need to rule this out by changing few things, as too much Cu can be bad especially if its free floating", you might only show to others as "your tap water have lot of Cu, as too much Cu can be bad", i don't write in one single paragraph in my chat, so its easy to screenshot just that part of the chat and leave the rest. like i said you are more than welcome to do so, but it might be against TPT policy as well. if TPT allow this, i can certainly share your chat screenshot as well, which might destroy your credibility, but i understand this is not the way to go and i need to respect others privacy, plus its not worth wasting my time on such a thing.

there is no need to talk about this further as i don't see any benefit from it. but i can certainly respond to your question about dosing PO4 fixing the issue for you, which i have to see with the picture to verify it. i was actually planning on helping you by sending you some solution which i was willing to put time and effort despite your approach toward me, but that ship has sailed now. here is what we would do next: come back after few months and post picture of your tanks and plants, if by then nothing much has improved, i will help you again.

here is another member who joined my group, i helped him and he appreciated my help including given me and the group a nice appreciation by saying thanks in his website. he walked away with some advice and knowledge, he owns a website and a great product. guy was very patience and he spent lot of time changing and playing with fertilizers as well, he was given tools and recipes to try and modify them as the way he likes, his tanks speaks for them self : http://thuysinhaz.com/?fbclid=IwAR27...GrRP2RpxeYTgOc

like i said i am still willing to help you despite all this, but lets give it few months and when you return, i hope we could have better discussion

post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 06:03 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
then instead of starting a argument
I stated that you can't answer questions about Marcel's work, this is common sense, you didn't do the work, your understanding of the details could not possibly be as good as him, why can't you admit it?
Why are you the self -appointed promoter of his work?

1) What exactly is your relationship with Marcel?
2) How often do you communicate with him?
3) Why doesn't he participate in your group or chat?
4) How do I directly reach Marcel(and have him answer)?.

Last edited by cl3537; 07-26-2019 at 06:17 PM. Reason: ....
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
I stated that you can't answer questions about Marcel's work, this is common sense, you didn't do the work, your understanding of the details could not possibly be as good as him, why can't you admit it?
Why are you the self -appointed promoter of his work?

4) How do I directly reach Marcel(and have him answer)?.

his work is different from mine, in many cases even our approaches are different from each other, he focused on Marchner ratio in some of the experiment, which i have shared and stated that this is based on Marchner ratio and Marcel recommended to try it, i only made some graph for some members to understand how that ratio would look like and how we could make our recipe based on that if one want to use it. this is clearly stated here on TPT as well as group page. if you look at my methods, you will find several of them that might even go against his work and his methods, for example: i have various method that produce same or better results even in comparison to Marchner Method. but that doesn't mean Marchner ratio or method is flawed, in order to work with Marchner method, you will require several skills.

"you didn't do the work, your understanding of the details could not possibly be as good as him, why can't you admit it?" i never claimed his finding were mine, neither i claimed to be better than him, those who know me very well here at TPT and in groups knows this very well. i have mentioned about Marcel and his work on several occasion.

the relationship, i met Marcel when i was first doing my experiments and he liked my work, we had different opinions but our goal was the same. No, i never met him in Person, but we do communicate through emails. you can call it friendship or whatever name you want to give it.

here and there
because he doesn't need to, he doesn't have time or energy to explain every single person in the chat, his work is posted on his website for a reason.
4) How do I directly reach Marcel(and have him answer)

Last edited by somewhatshocked; 07-27-2019 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Don't promote banned members
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 12:18 PM
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (501/100%)
Oooookay. The moderation team has a policy of usually not commenting publicly when someone warrants a warning or infraction. But... Couple things.

I get that it's a crazy time in the United States and the rest of the world. I *get* it and understand how frustrating life can be. This forum is not the place to take those frustrations out on others. We're all here to learn, share, document, enjoy and maintain a hobby.

It's not hate to point out why someone was perma-banned from the forum. The guy deleted hundreds of posts and then attempted to retaliate and attack others. He stirred the pot and created drama so many times that there was no other option than to send him on his way.

He created duplicate accounts (found two more duplicates just now, of course - including hard determinist above) to keep it up. Suggesting it's hate to point out that someone couldn't follow forum rules that actual children follow on a daily basis is not hate - it's factual. To claim it's hate is intentionally stirring the pot. So please quit that nonsense right now, @happi. If you want to create drama? You have the entire internet at your disposal. Treat others with respect - even if you dislike them - when you're here. You've been on the forum a long time and I know you're capable of avoiding nonsense. Start avoiding it.

The same goes for you, @cl3537. You've intentionally stirred the pot, created drama, engaged in it to the point that I have comment publicly. There's no reason for it. It's the silliest thing I've seen in a long time - people constantly bickering on a plant forum like it's the end of the world. Just stop. Have discussions without bickering.

If you can't handle another member? Add them to your ignore list. You've both been here long enough to figure out how to do that. So do it.

This is a public warning because it's ridiculous and has gone on far too long. Anyone who wants to start this bickering up again will be given the opportunity to move elsewhere. If you want to be nasty and insult others? Do that in the gutter - Facebook - where you can be as terrible as you want to be.

This is so pointless. You're behaving worse than the shrimp bros from several years ago who repeatedly scammed our sales system. They got the boot after hundreds of (combined) infractions and took to social media to complain about how mean the moderation team was. Because how dare us enforce our guidelines when someone is committing theft of services. You're being worse than those guys right now.

There are literally hundreds of thousands of discussions here that remain polite when people vehemently disagree. Plenty of examples to follow. Follow them.

Note: At least one person in this thread received an infraction for insulting others and then threatened to report the moderator because they claimed Marcel was "banned for no reson(sic)"... Retaliating doesn't fly, so don't even think about it this go 'round.

This thread is locked for obvious reasons. Start it up again and you'll be perma-banned. No exceptions.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode