AGA 2019 Vin Video Presentation - The Planted Tank Forum
 208Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 138 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 07:17 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (21/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to happi
AGA 2019 Vin Video Presentation

First of all, let me say thanks to Vin for such a nice talk which was highly detailed and well explained. Vin also had great sense of Humor during his presentation. This presentation will certainly help a lot of people who are struggling for the last 50 years and I highly encourage people to watch the video. The data was also gathered from many well known people, including Marcel. I personally want to thank Vin to bringing up Marcel in his presentation. That guy never fully got the credit he deserved, but now he finally got recognized. Thank you Vin.

There is one thing I believe was not accurately presented in the presentation, however. In Marcel's Wallachi experiment tank (see pic), the tank used the same water parameters but different nutrient levels.

Here's a quote directly from Marcel:

"First two tanks (from left to right) are EI recipes, tank #3 and #5 are Marschner's recipes (the tank #5 runs on the recipe I have gave you; the tank #3 runs on 2-times more concentrated recipe which had the same amount of nitrogen as EI recipes)."

More info regarding his work can be found here: https://golias.net/akvaristika/exper...EU7PJGjNLU4oD4

I apologize, if this isn't the right time or right place to discus this, but I thought I'd share whatever I know. Thanks again for such a beautiful presentation.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Marcel.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	180.2 KB
ID:	883247  

Last edited by happi; 06-25-2019 at 07:40 AM. Reason: fixed link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 138 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 11:35 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by happi View Post
I highly encourage people to watch the video.
Where can we watch this video?
post #3 of 138 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 10:17 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I'd love to get my hands on a link

post #4 of 138 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 11:25 PM
Planted Member

Join the AGA. You get to watch all the talks from all the conventions.

https://www.aquatic-gardeners.org/
post #5 of 138 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 11:53 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdWiser View Post
Join the AGA. You get to watch all the talks from all the conventions.

https://www.aquatic-gardeners.org/
I am indeed a member. Wanting to see this presentation was one of the main reasons I signed up.

Unless I'm missing it, the video is not posted yet. Correct me if I'm wrong.
post #6 of 138 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 01:07 AM
Captain

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoulter View Post
I am indeed a member. Wanting to see this presentation was one of the main reasons I signed up.

If you are indeed an AGA member, than the video is posted and able to be viewed.

Once you login to www.aquatic-gardeners.org you should see your
AGA: Your Member Profile

Once there, scroll down and you should see
Online Members-only Benefits:

TAG ArchiveClippingsVideo - A selection of streaming video from our conventionshere you will see Full AGA 2019 Stream

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 138 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 01:12 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal1 View Post
Quote:

If you are indeed an AGA member, than the video is posted and able to be viewed.

Once you login to www.aquatic-gardeners.org you should see your
AGA: Your Member Profile

Once there, scroll down and you should see
Online Members-only Benefits:

TAG ArchiveClippingsVideo - A selection of streaming video from our conventionshere you will see Full AGA 2019 Stream
Yea, I definitely don't see it. I see stuff from previous years but nothing from 2019. Tried both mobile and desktop.
post #8 of 138 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 02:29 AM
Algae Grower

So I emailed them to figure out what was wrong.

The response I got was that the presentation is NOT free to members, but is free for attendees (as part of their registration fee).

Further, the presentation(s) currently isn't available to non-attendees at all. They plan to make it available in the future, for a fee.

Part of me wishes they were more transparent with this regard. Part of me blames myself for spending money without all of the details.
post #9 of 138 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 02:32 AM
Captain

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
So I emailed them to figure out what was wrong.

The response I got was that the presentation is NOT free to members, but is free for attendees (as part of their registration fee).

Further, the presentation(s) currently isn't available to non-attendees at all. They plan to make it available in the future, for a fee.

Part of me wishes they were more transparent with this regard. Part of me blames myself for spending money without all of the details.

Ah,that would explain things. Thought it was odd that one member would not be able to see the same thing that another member could see.

post #10 of 138 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 10:35 PM
Wannabe Guru

I don't belong to the AGA, but I'm sure it's a fine organization, so I could only analyze the picture. Soft Water = Good, Hard Water = Bad

Also on the three tanks to the right. Why is the bacopa (I think) much greener (along with the sand) than the two tanks on the left?

post #11 of 138 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 12:18 AM
Planted Member

This is where the planted hobby and freshwater hobby is so far behind the saltwater hobby.
Here is is all 26 talks from last years MACNA. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis..._YMBgWEic1j0MT

These are posted a few weeks after the convention after they have been rights cleared. Bulk Reef supply sponsors the videos.

Instead of 300 attendance like the AGA convention this past years MACNA had 3000 attendance. The 3 rd MACNA held 23 years ago had 300 in attendance.
I go every year.

To grow the hobby education should be available to all. I am a member of the AGA. Also but one must educate to lift the hobby to the next level.
post #12 of 138 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 07:36 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (21/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to happi
If you look at Marcel website, most of the stuff that is discussed in this video was covered already by Marcel long ago, well as most of the members here who have done several experiments, you will find similar conversations in this video. but I still encourage you to watch the video and make your own conclusions.

Am not entirely sure why you have to pay for this information when it should been available for free to uplift the planted aquarium hobby.
Blue Ridge Reef likes this.

DIY Trace/Micro/Macro Recipe

DIY Trace/Micro/Calculation Etc

Last edited by happi; 06-27-2019 at 07:55 AM. Reason: NA
post #13 of 138 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 12:55 PM
Planted Member

What is he web address ?
post #14 of 138 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 02:50 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdWiser View Post
Instead of 300 attendance like the AGA convention this past years MACNA had 3000 attendance. The 3 rd MACNA held 23 years ago had 300 in attendance.
I go every year...
Just out of curiosity how many attended the AGA convention 10 years ago?

post #15 of 138 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 05:48 PM
Planted Member

Don't know that info but if this year it was 300 I bet is was really small. The first Macna was a club meeting between the Cleveland ohio club and the Toronto canada club. A total of 20 people. My club has held four of them. Our first back in the 90's had 1500 people attending.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode