Do I have a Deficiency?
I have been following the forum for a while and finally felt I was ready to post for some help. Overall, I feel my plants and tank are doing pretty good; however, I have a few annoyances that I would like help with. Currently I am fighting the following:
1. Minor breakouts of green spot algae on my glass
2. BBA on an unknown tall grass plant that refuses to go away (caused by a breakout about two months ago, it won't go away) and the plant itself is not growing well, but not withering either.
3. Leaves on my Water Wisteria get brown lines and and wilt after maturing (the plants themselves are growing okay)
4. My java fern does not appear to be growing and has black lines on the leaves
5. My Amazon sword is growing well but once the leaves become very mature they begin to show holes.
My tank Stats:
Size: 5 Gallon
Fish: 2x Tetra, 3x Harlequin Rasbora, 1x Chinese Algae Eater
Filter: Aqua Clear HOB, Sponge & Bio
Water Change Schedule: 50% once a week
Light: Finnex 24/7
Light Cycle: Indirect sun light, three hours of Finnex on high and three hours of moon (blue) - Any more light tends to produce algae buildup in my filter sponge and BGA on my anacharis
Ferts: Flourish (dosed once a week per instructions); Excel Flourish (dosed everyday); root tabs near Amazon Sword
Substrate: Generic gravel from pet store
Water Parameters (Measured exactly one week after 50% water change)
Nitrate: 10 ppm
KH: 8/ 143 ppm
GH: 9/ 161 ppm
I think some of the issues I am having (minor spot algae and non-existent Java fern growth) must be a symptom of lack of nutrients. I am hoping someone can take a look at the photos I posted and see if they can identify anything obvious. I have been thinking of switching from Flourish to Thrive for my liquid fert but I do not want to spend the money on that until I have more information on what I am missing (if anything).
Thank you for you help.