Share your dosing thread - Page 20 - The Planted Tank Forum
 578Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #286 of 322 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 01:01 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVT View Post
@Maryland Guppy, are your hamburgers drowning in ketchup too?
That is @Greggz math going on with my macro dosing.
Presently adding 22ppm NO3 per week.
My original sheet was listed as 28ppm per week.
Maybe Gregg can fix this???

Micro dosing I'm most likely the lowest in the chart based on Fe.
Greggz likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Growing is not that difficult.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #287 of 322 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 05:44 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryland Guppy View Post
That is @Greggz math going on with my macro dosing.
Presently adding 22ppm NO3 per week.
My original sheet was listed as 28ppm per week.
Maybe Gregg can fix this???

Micro dosing I'm most likely the lowest in the chart based on Fe.
Yeah with your low water change schedule it's very difficult to come up with equivalent dosing.

With no fish load and very high plant mass, your tank is probably the largest net user of ferts on the sheet.

Might be better for me just to list your actual dosing, as adjusting it doesn't really doesn't paint a clear picture.

Bump:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVT View Post
@Greggz thumbs up for getting this thread going and for all the data entry and management.

As a recommendation, adding the substrate column could shed more light on active vs innert.

As a comment, the current crowd is all high light / co2 / ferts, which is to be expected.

Once I get off my butt, I'll throw my numbers in which should be on the other side of the spectrum: medium to low light, leaner fertz. That would make Dennis the odd man out with his high light, lean ferts. We know at least some of his numbers and that would be an interesting data point.

@Maryland Guppy, are your hamburgers drowning in ketchup too?
Look forward to seeing your numbers. And several have mentioned substrate, so I just added it now.

I - Inert............... E-Eco Complete............ A - Active...................D - Dirt

I entered in the ones that I am pretty sure I know. If anyone sees an error, let me know.

And I also adjust MG's to actual dosing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

------------------

Last edited by Greggz; 04-06-2019 at 12:22 AM. Reason: type
post #288 of 322 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 06:05 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggz View Post
I - Inert............... E-Eco Complete............ A - Active...................D - Dirt
F for.... Flourite
Greggz likes this.

If it were easy we wouldn't be here

My 30g Journal:

post #289 of 322 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 09:25 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
F basically = I
Greggz and Quagulator like this.

Growing is not that difficult.
post #290 of 322 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 11:08 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryland Guppy View Post
F basically = I

E basically = I then too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Greggz and Maryland Guppy like this.

If it were easy we wouldn't be here

My 30g Journal:

post #291 of 322 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 11:25 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagulator View Post
E basically = I then too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm already sorry I added it!!!
Quagulator likes this.

------------------
post #292 of 322 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 12:05 AM Thread Starter
Captain

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
I'm already sorry I added it!!!

Gregg, can you post it a little larger? My old eye's dont read small text thqt well these days

p.s., i am Eco

post #293 of 322 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 12:24 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal1 View Post
Gregg, can you post it a little larger? My old eye's dont read small text thqt well these days

p.s., i am Eco
Problem is every time you add a column it gets smaller.

Posted new version above. Does the bold help??

------------------
post #294 of 322 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 01:50 AM Thread Starter
Captain

Quote:
Problem is every time you add a column it gets smaller.

Posted new version above. Does the bold help??
MUCH Better!
First page updated

post #295 of 322 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 07:20 PM
Planted Member

Quote:
And I do believe that my excess K led to the need for more NO3 & PO4.
I tend to think kH remineralization is much more common with Sodium Bicarbonate, I guess to strengthen your correlation we'd have to find other tanks using RODI remineralized with Potassium Carbonate and as high K" values to see what nitrates and phosphates they are using successfully.

Quote:
And so far results have been good, but watching things closely to see if anything changes. Have bumped up K by 5ppm last two weeks, and growth picked up. But not sure if that is a good thing or not.
Whar is your K concentration now? 16ppm?

I now have all dry ferts (Macros from NilocG) and (Micros from Burr), I was just thinking about what concentrations I was going to try to make my two bottles.

I don't have RODI water so my kH is still around 4 - 5 from tap. 31ppm Ca2+ 8ppm Mg2+ neligible K, Na, PO4 or NO3.

What concenentrations would you use?

I could target 15ppm NO3, 13.5 K+, 5 PO4, 15.5 Mg2+, 31 Ca2+, 0.6 Fe2+ and the other micros similar to you or Burr.

post #296 of 322 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 10:05 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl3537 View Post
Whar is your K concentration now? 16ppm?

I now have all dry ferts (Macros from NilocG) and (Micros from Burr), I was just thinking about what concentrations I was going to try to make my two bottles.

I don't have RODI water so my kH is still around 4 - 5 from tap. 31ppm Ca2+ 8ppm Mg2+ neligible K, Na, PO4 or NO3.

What concenentrations would you use?

I could target 15ppm NO3, 13.5 K+, 5 PO4, 15.5 Mg2+, 31 Ca2+, 0.6 Fe2+ and the other micros similar to you or Burr.

See now this is where it gets confusing sometimes. When you say"K concentration" I assume you mean what's actually in the water column, what I call the target dose.

Right now I am dosing my RO water to have a concentration of 30:10:22 N:P:K. (EI dose 15:5:11). And that's working quite well right now in MY tank. But keep in mind my tank is 100+ PAR, high fish stocking, and lots of stems.

Are you going to keep your PAR in the 50-60 range? Staying with mostly green plants? If so, the numbers you posted above look pretty good to me. My guess is that with your low fish load, you might need to bump up macros a bit across the board, but there is only one way to find out. You probably need less than 0.6 Fe with that dosing, and a little extra Mg never seems to hurt.

Maybe some others with similar PAR numbers could chime in? I would really like to get some data for different styles of tanks, as almost all of ours now are high light/high CO2/stems.

Now if you are going to raise your PAR and start with more colorful stems, that would change things.

More importantly, maintain good consistent CO2, and keep good clean conditions.

I am really looking forward to seeing how things go, and where your tank goes from here.
Immortal1 likes this.

------------------
post #297 of 322 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
Captain

Quote:
Maybe some others with similar PAR numbers could chime in? I would really like to get some data for different styles of tanks, as almost all of ours now are high light/high CO2/stems.
I suppose I could add in some data from my other tanks. The trick would be trying to figure out ppm dosing for the Thrive C product. I see that Rotalabutterfly has Thrive, Thrive + and Thrive S.

I started out probably way too heavy with my Thrive C dosing - have since scaled it back a lot and the tanks actually look better than they have in a long time.
Greggz likes this.

post #298 of 322 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 12:55 AM
Planted Tanker

PTrader: (118/100%)
I need to step my bag game up

post #299 of 322 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 01:43 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by burr740 View Post
I need to step my bag game up
Yea man. Your inkjet print labels are running from my nervous sweaty hands when I try to measure 7mg

But you got the competition beat when it comes to storage boxing though!
Greggz, burr740 and Immortal1 like this.

post #300 of 322 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 02:44 AM
Planted Tanker

PTrader: (118/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipkiss View Post
Yea man. Your inkjet print labels are running from my nervous sweaty hands when I try to measure 7mg

But you got the competition beat when it comes to storage boxing though!
Got better labels on the way!

Started to go with gloss white bags, or some other color, but I think see through is an advantage for scooping out such small quantities. What do you think about that?
Greggz, Immortal1 and cl3537 like this.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode