578Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #271 of 322 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 07:17 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (21/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to happi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagulator View Post
Any plans to play with liquid Urea Ammonium Nitrate solution? Either 28% or 32%?
if you are referring to NH4NO3, Urea Combo, this has been done many times by me and others, seachem also does this with their product.

for those who are looking to reduce the amount of NO3, S, Cl etc, they can Use NH4CO3, KHCO3, KH2PO4 combo, you can also add Urea in the mix, this solution stays clear without the need for Asrobic acid or potassium sorbate, the solution will continue to form bubbles due to CO3/CO2 reactions.

in addition, people can also use CaNO3, MgNO3 combo to get their Ca and Mg, i use certain chemicals for my RO water, where i have reduced the amount of increase in TDS that you would get from most chemicals, also reducing the amount of water changes. suggestions for those who use high amount of SO4/Cl based chemicals, they should reduce the amount of these two if possible, they just add additional TDS and not needed by plants in excess amount.

DIY Trace/Micro/Macro Recipe
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DIY Trace/Micro/Calculation Etc
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 322 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 05:04 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
does anyone have data on george farmer's "the aquascaper" all-in-one line of ferts?

post #273 of 322 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 07:07 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Has someone thought of making a google drive sheet so everyone can make a tab and put down their dosing stats and successes/failures?

post #274 of 322 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 07:38 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddrizzle View Post
Has someone thought of making a google drive sheet so everyone can make a tab and put down their dosing stats and successes/failures?
If you go back to the beginning of this thread, we discussed the possibility of setting it up so anyone could add a tab. No one wanted to be the help desk for those who are not familiar with shared files, so we took a different path.

I have several files in a Google Drive folder (link in my Sig) that anyone can download and use. Many are posting their dosing using either the Tank Parameters V3.0 or V3.6 worksheets. The V3.6 is set up to enter target dosing. If one doesn't know what target dosing is, then use V3.0.

It's a great way to share you dosing and other tank parameters, and creates a good snapshot of what is going on in your tank.

The Member Dosing worksheet is also there, but I keep a master copy and post updates whenever someone posts or sends me new information. If you would like to have your information added, fill out the Tank Parameters worksheet and post it here along with a full tank shot.

I encourage anyone who views this thread to join the process. It's a great way to share with the board, and to compare your dosing to others here.
LRJ, Immortal1 and Grobbins48 like this.

------------------
post #275 of 322 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 10:44 PM
Algae Grower

Ok, but shared docs are not typical files in google drive. It is simply a link to a live excel spreadsheet. Nothing to download. You just open the link and edit live, with anyone else editing live at the same time.

I'd share an example but the downside is that is uses your real name/google info.
post #276 of 322 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 11:50 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddrizzle View Post
Ok, but shared docs are not typical files in google drive. It is simply a link to a live excel spreadsheet. Nothing to download. You just open the link and edit live, with anyone else editing live at the same time.

I'd share an example but the downside is that is uses your real name/google info.
Yep I know exactly what you are saying and use them everyday.

For many reasons, including real name and google info, decided it was not the right way to go for our purposes.

The methodology is secondary, the sharing of information is foremost.
LRJ, Immortal1 and Quagulator like this.

------------------
post #277 of 322 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 03:29 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
Late to the game.. but here's my sheet.

Ph may be off. Didn't think I needed a ph meter until now when I saw the test kit bottoming out. maybe 6? Maybe less?
Also, water changes are once every two weeks. So you'll be doubling the numbers?

super_smirky, Greggz, vvDO and 4 others like this.

Last edited by ipkiss; 04-04-2019 at 09:27 PM. Reason: fixing pics
post #278 of 322 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 07:47 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipkiss View Post
Late to the game.. but here's my sheet.
Good to see you aboard, but I can't see the sheet??

------------------
post #279 of 322 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 07:52 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggz View Post
That's strange, I looked at it this morning when it was posted?

It's gone for me now too...

If it were easy we wouldn't be here

My 30g Journal:

post #280 of 322 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 09:27 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
oops. please try now. may have lost it when I was trying to fix some dimensions..

post #281 of 322 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
Captain

Quote:
oops. please try now. may have lost it when I was trying to fix some dimensions..
I see it now. Thanks for adding to the hord of information

Bump, just looked at your information - interesting! At first I saw the really low NO3, then realized you are using Aquasoil.
I see you are adding Ca & Mg - is there any in your TAP water? (always curious about Ca & Mg levels in various TAP water)
Greggz likes this.

Last edited by Immortal1; 04-04-2019 at 10:26 PM. Reason: <?>
post #282 of 322 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 11:26 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Yep, can see it now. Since you change water every two weeks, it doubles your equivalent macro dosing. The time frame itself makes no difference, it's how much you dose between changes that counts for accumulation.

So here you go, and thanks for participating.

And nice tank shot too.....looks like it might be time for a trim!

Or a bigger tank.

------------------
post #283 of 322 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
Captain

Now that you mention it @Greggz - yes the macro qty's would be double. And now that you have added @ipkiss to the sheet it makes more sense now. Probably why his tank looks as good as it does.

post #284 of 322 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 01:58 AM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal1 View Post
I see it now. Thanks for adding to the hord of information

Bump, just looked at your information - interesting! At first I saw the really low NO3, then realized you are using Aquasoil.
I see you are adding Ca & Mg - is there any in your TAP water? (always curious about Ca & Mg levels in various TAP water)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal1 View Post
Now that you mention it @Greggz - yes the macro qty's would be double. And now that you have added @ipkiss to the sheet it makes more sense now. Probably why his tank looks as good as it does.
Yea, it's deceptive I was about to tell you to double it up. That "aquasoil" is old as dirt (ha). I doubt it has any more nutrients in there unless I recharge it. So, like I was saying in another thread, I just use it as a buffer against my sometimes a little lax dosing -- especially the "daily" micros sometimes isn't so daily. I've actually never looked at the Ca & Mg in my tap. Now that you mention it, I just did a search on my city's water report. Doesn't mention anything about Ca or Mg.

It was only that @Seattle_Aquarist noticed the shabby plant growth and piped up around this time last year that I realized I was underdosing. The conversation here: https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/1...l#post10865977

I did recently tweak the Ca:Mg ratio for the new batch of GH booster. Will see if that makes any difference before I submit it as a V2 dosing update.

Quote:
Yep, can see it now. Since you change water every two weeks, it doubles your equivalent macro dosing. The time frame itself makes no difference, it's how much you dose between changes that counts for accumulation.

So here you go, and thanks for participating.

And nice tank shot too.....looks like it might be time for a trim!

Or a bigger tank.

Yup, definitely overdue for a trim. Let's see if I can do something tonight or tomorrow night! Thanks for adding!
Greggz and Seattle_Aquarist like this.

post #285 of 322 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 05:54 AM
OVT
Carpe Diem

PTrader: (144/100%)
@Greggz thumbs up for getting this thread going and for all the data entry and management.

As a recommendation, adding the substrate column could shed more light on active vs innert.

As a comment, the current crowd is all high light / co2 / ferts, which is to be expected.

Once I get off my butt, I'll throw my numbers in which should be on the other side of the spectrum: medium to low light, leaner fertz. That would make Dennis the odd man out with his high light, lean ferts. We know at least some of his numbers and that would be an interesting data point.

@Maryland Guppy, are your hamburgers drowning in ketchup too?
Greggz and Maryland Guppy like this.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode