4Likes
  • 1 Post By Liquidgarden
  • 3 Post By Ken Keating1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Triton testing to optimize dosing

I am new to the freshwater planted tank world coming from keeping a successful (sps) reef tank for many years.

After doing the research as to whats involved in keeping a Fresh Water Planted tank in comparison to what I was familiar with in the reef tank world generated some burning questions that I have to inquire about.

In recent years reef tank keeping and the amount of water being replaced through water changes was reduced. It was done so through the use of collectively doing the Triton water tests by that community which resulted in a substantial reduction in the amount of water used in the monthly water change.

The outcome from many people performing the Triton tests generated a lot of useful data which collectively resulted in "seeing" what was generally being used up and what was accumulating, thereby enabling the reefing community to optimize the amount of chemicals used and subsequently the frequency and the amount of water used (needed) in carrying out water changes.

Is there any movement in this community to try and figure out how to optimize dosing in the freshwater planted tank?
Greggz likes this.

Last edited by Liquidgarden; 02-23-2019 at 03:16 PM. Reason: clarity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 04:14 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidgarden View Post
Is there any movement in this community to try and figure out how to optimize dosing in the freshwater planted tank?
Yes! https://sites.google.com/site/aquati...me/pps-classic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Growing is not that difficult.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 04:46 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidgarden View Post
Part of the issue is there will never be an optimized dosing amount for all plants because of the variables of what different plant species require. I have +30 different varieties of plants in my tank, and as I adjust the dosing amounts, different species react differently, some better, some worst. Some plants use and uptake nutrients differently. I've raised the dosing levels to where some plants had toxicity issues and stunted back and died, whereas other plants flourished at the same time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode