2Likes
  • 1 Post By Seattle_Aquarist
  • 1 Post By Solcielo lawrencia

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 05:03 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
What deficiency is this?

I canít figure out what this deficiency is...can someone chime in and tell me what it is...phosphate? Magnesium?

Thanks in advance

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2577.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	218.8 KB
ID:	877379

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 03:31 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (64/100%)
Hi @fishfood!!,

Welcome to TPT!

Trying to diagnose a deficiency with just a picture is sort of like me taking a picture of my car engine to a mechanic and asking him what is wrong with it.

How about a little more information please?

Tank size -

Water Parameters

pH -

dKH -

dGH -

nitrates (ppm of NO3) -

What nutrients are you dosing?

How much of each?

How often?

Do you do a weekly water change? How much?

Also, so pictures of other plants in the tank showing new growth and mature leaves might help.

Roy_________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

75 Gallon, 2X55W AH Supply CF 8800K, 1XFluval F&P 2.0; 45 Gallon Tall, 96Watt AH Supply CF 6700K; 30 Gallon Long; Fluval F&P 2.0; 20 Gallon, 1X26W AH Supply LED; all with CO2 and (Calcined) Montmorillonite Clay
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
What deficiency is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle_Aquarist View Post
Hi @fishfood!!,

Welcome to TPT!

Trying to diagnose a deficiency with just a picture is sort of like me taking a picture of my car engine to a mechanic and asking him what is wrong with it.

How about a little more information please?

Tank size -

Water Parameters

pH -

dKH -

dGH -

nitrates (ppm of NO3) -

What nutrients are you dosing?

How much of each?

How often?

Do you do a weekly water change? How much?

Also, so pictures of other plants in the tank showing new growth and mature leaves might help.

Sorry for the lack of information! lol

Here it is:

Itís a 10 gallon

PH around 6.5 - 6.8

dKH 1

dGH 8 - 10

Nitrate 20-30ppm

Itís a shrimp only tank and since I am using nutrient soil I only add equilibrium, potassium and micro. I add equilibrium maybe once every other water change. I change 10% water once per 2-3 weeks. But I run the tank at 72 Fahrenheit so I add an additional 1 gallon once 2 weeks due to evaporation.

No CO2 so I donít dose heavily. About 5 to 10 ppm of Seachem Potassium per week and recommended dosage twice a week for Seachem Flourish.

Tank is setup less than 6 months

Excuse the AR, i stuck those in there as an experiment and just some more covers for the shrimp to hide so I know it requires CO2 and and better condition to thrive

I am having the same issue with this plant in a high tech tank that I dose like a clock so I donít get it

Here are a few more images of the tank Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2609.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	252.1 KB
ID:	877793

Name:	IMG_2610.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	247.3 KB
ID:	877795

Name:	IMG_2611.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	877797

This is the same plant but in a high tech tank

Name:	IMG_2604.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	877799

Name:	IMG_2603.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	310.0 KB
ID:	877801

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 10:28 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (64/100%)
Hi @fishfood!!,

Based upon the 'hooked downward leaf tips' and scalloped leaf margins(likely Ca), rolled leaf margins (likely Mg), and necrosis of the older leaves I would suggest adding sufficient Seachem Equilibrium to increase the dGH by 2.0 degrees to a little over 10 dGH. Then watch the new leaves as they emerge and mature, do not watch the existing leaves they will not change and may continue to decline. What you should see the the new leaves emerge straighter, without the hooking at the leaf tip. The new leaf margins should have minimal scalloping of the margins. As the new leaves mature the leaf margins should not curl (roll) under like is currently happening. Get back with us in a couple of weeks and let us know how things are progressing.
fishfood!! likes this.

Roy_________

75 Gallon, 2X55W AH Supply CF 8800K, 1XFluval F&P 2.0; 45 Gallon Tall, 96Watt AH Supply CF 6700K; 30 Gallon Long; Fluval F&P 2.0; 20 Gallon, 1X26W AH Supply LED; all with CO2 and (Calcined) Montmorillonite Clay
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 11:47 PM
Banned

PTrader: (15/100%)
From the symptoms, likely -B and also -Zn.
fishfood!! likes this.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode