EI with multiple tanks - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
EI with multiple tanks

The plant bug has spread a bit for me, and there are now 4 tanks in my house with plants. Iíve got my 90 pretty well dialed in, using EI, and am happy with the growth rates and the tanks health. Iíve been mixing the fertilizers in a 500ml container and dosing according to Rotala results.

Iíd like to expand my fertilizer regimes to the other tanks but am not sure how best to proceed. Chemistry was never a strong suit of mine, and what is simple and clear to others just is not to me. 😊

The other tanks are 125gals, 20gals, and 6 gals. Is my best route to make up separate EI solutions for each tank? Is there a way I can make a single solution and change the dosing volume for each tank? Something along the lines of 1x for the 6gal, 3x for the 20, and 18x for the 125? How would I go about determining the right levels of each fert for each tank?

Thinking Iíd mix the solution based on the 20gal tank, using a 500ml container and dosing 30ml for the 20. This would say that the 6gal tank would get 1/6 of 30ml or 5ml solution, and the 125 would get 120ml.

Am I overthinking/complicating this?

180g - Tropheus Bemba, Syno Petricola
125g - Planted SA Community, Firemouths & Acaras
90g - High Tech Planted
20g - low tech planted
6g - Eheim low tech nano planted

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode