How to higher the nitrate? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
How to higher the nitrate?

I have my 20L tank with CO2 about 3 bps, Lights about 7 hours per day, Dossing Excel 5ml daily, Flourish 2 ml every pairs other day, 1ml Seachem Iron every other day as well, Seachem Potassium 1 ml each 3 days, Wate change 1 per week 50%. Substrate Fluval Stratum.

Water Parameters:
PH 6.8 before CO2
PH 6.4 after CO2 by the end of the day
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5ppm
TDS 238
KH unknown
GH unknown

What i am doing wrong? How can i raise the Nitrate numbers to archive 25-30ppm ??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 11:08 PM

PTrader: (3/100%)
If you want to stay with commercial products, there is Seachem Flourishs Nitrogen. However, a cheaper long term solution would be to purchase potassium nitrate

Anthony

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Eheim Pimp #362 - Eheim 2213 x2, Eheim 2028, Eheim 2217, Eheim surface skimmer and Eheim autofeeder.
Victor Pimp #33 - HPT272-125-350-4M
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 01:08 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Can you tell me the other way instead to the commercial way?

Also the potassium nitrate what do you recommend?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 07:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Dossing Excel 5ml daily, Flourish 2 ml every pairs other day, 1ml Seachem Iron every other day as well, Seachem Potassium 1 ml each 3 days,
The macro nutrients for plant are nitrogen, potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, and sulfur. Iron is a micro nutrient. Flourish has essentially no nitrogen in it. i6 ie oleo w li6l4 lo3 in phosphate (PO4) almost no magnesium and calcium.

The common nitrate fertilizer is potassium nitrate (KNO3). I would recommend you switch to a better fertilizer like nilocg.com Thrive. With that you would not have to dose iron every other day or apply potassium. Basically you are using Seachem iron and potassium to try and correct problems in Flourish.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode