Iron test kit accuracy - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Iron test kit accuracy

I had 0.66ppm Fe as measured by a professional water company when we moved into our house. I am using the Seachem multitest kit for Iron and getting a reading of zero. I hope this reading is true but at this point I'm not too sure.
The house sat vacant for more than a year before we moved in 6 months ago. I was wondering if this could have thrown the initial reading off from inactivity of the well/aquifer from now over 6 months of using the well.

Is the Seachem multitest kit for iron very accurate? What is the most accurate test kit? Is the Hanna checker for iron worth the price?

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode