Plant Deficiency, What's Wrong with my Dosing? - The Planted Tank Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By varanidguy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-25-2018, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Plant Deficiency, What's Wrong with my Dosing?

I have a 150 gallon Planted Community Tank. Here are the parameters

4' x 30"H x 24"W
2 Radion XR15 (8 Hours, 7 hours at 100%)
Co2 Diffused by a reactor (PH drop of 1)

I am dosing the following

SA 50% WC Dose: 1.25 TSP KNO3 .25 TSP KH2PO4 Metricide 14 50 ML
SU .5 TSP Plantex CSM+ B Metricide 14 2 TSP
M 1.25 TSP KNO3 .25 TSP KH2PO4 Metricide 14 2 TSP
T .5 TSP Plantex CSM+ B Metricide 14 2 TSP
W 1.25 TSP KNO3 .25 TSP KH2PO4 Metricide 14 2 TSP
T Metricide 14 2 TSP
F Metricide 14 2 TSP

I keep getting leaves curling on my anubias nana and some stems. I do have K2SO4 and MGSO4 that I am not dosing. I wish I had a GH/KH test, but I do not at the moment. My water change tap water has a PH of 7.4 and my tank water is 6.6 after I let the test tube aerate for 30 minutes. Should I change my dosing regime? I do have Altum angels and my nitrates are pretty high at the end of the week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-25-2018, 06:06 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Do you know PPM’s for your primary parameters? Do you have any pictures of the plants that are having issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Greggz and Seattle_Aquarist like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-25-2018, 08:37 PM
Banned

PTrader: (0/0%)
Without pictures or your full water parameters (including (GH and KH) we cannot say anything conclusive. But according to the Chatenooga water quality report you have soft water 65 to 91ppm. Since you seeing curling leaves I would suspect a magnesium or calcium deficiency. Since your CSM+B does have magnesium I am guessing it is Calcium deficiency. I would purchase some gypsum (calcium sulfate). With that and your magnesium sulfate and potassium sulfate you could make a decent CH booster. The link below is for one common GH booster recipe. You could try it with or without the potassium. You are currently dosing potassium with your nitrate and phosphate fertilizer. So you are probably not deficient in potassium. So I don't think you need it in your CH booster. the calcium and magnesium sulfate will also add sulfur which is another possible deficiency (but it doesn't cause curling leaves.

Boosting your GH by 1 or 2 digress GH should be enough to see if it has an effect. Note the fertilizer will only help new growth. The existing curled leaves will not straighten out.

https://barrreport.com/threads/can-s...r-recipe.6629/

Link to the water quality report I saw:
https://www.amwater.com/ccr/chattanooga.pdf

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf View Post
Without pictures or your full water parameters (including (GH and KH) we cannot say anything conclusive. But according to the Chatenooga water quality report you have soft water 65 to 91ppm. Since you seeing curling leaves I would suspect a magnesium or calcium deficiency. Since your CSM+B does have magnesium I am guessing it is Calcium deficiency. I would purchase some gypsum (calcium sulfate). With that and your magnesium sulfate and potassium sulfate you could make a decent CH booster. The link below is for one common GH booster recipe. You could try it with or without the potassium. You are currently dosing potassium with your nitrate and phosphate fertilizer. So you are probably not deficient in potassium. So I don't think you need it in your CH booster. the calcium and magnesium sulfate will also add sulfur which is another possible deficiency (but it doesn't cause curling leaves.

Boosting your GH by 1 or 2 digress GH should be enough to see if it has an effect. Note the fertilizer will only help new growth. The existing curled leaves will not straighten out.

https://barrreport.com/threads/can-s...r-recipe.6629/

Link to the water quality report I saw:
https://www.amwater.com/ccr/chattanooga.pdf

I've ordered a Gh/Kh Test Kit today as well as GH Booster. I think the GH booster should help me raise the calcium amount as well? Appreciate your detailed response! I am on well water than city water so I believe that it is "harder" than city water.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode