Share your experience with Glosso Factory Ferts! - The Planted Tank Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Kubla
  • 1 Post By burr740

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 04:46 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Share your experience with Glosso Factory Ferts!

Hello everyone. I am looking for people who have used the Glosso Factory line of ferts and more specifically their 1, Glosso Factory All in One Fertilizer or their NPK M, Estimative Index Fertilizer Bundle Pack

I am currently giving their W, Dry Start & Wabi Kusa Spray a try and so far I like it (been using it for about 2 weeks now) but I am curious about their other products as well.

Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Torn down 10/2018

Current Build
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 10:33 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
I've not used any of their products. This kind of fertilizer can be great for some people but just be aware of how much you're paying for the nice pump bottle and the convenience. Their bottle of N is $8.50. It contains 1.92 oz's of KNO3. A pound of KNO3 is usually $3. It's over 20X more buying it in the pump bottle than in the bag.
Maryland Guppy likes this.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-15-2018, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubla View Post
I've not used any of their products. This kind of fertilizer can be great for some people but just be aware of how much you're paying for the nice pump bottle and the convenience. Their bottle of N is $8.50. It contains 1.92 oz's of KNO3. A pound of KNO3 is usually $3. It's over 20X more buying it in the pump bottle than in the bag.
Kubla, I know your right. I am severely overpaying for what I would be getting with the Glosso Factory products. I guess what appeals to me is the simplicity of it all. One pump bottle with all the separate macro and micro nutrients I need for my little 10 gallon.

If I could recreate this myself with dry ferts I would be happy to but I am so totally lost when it comes to using ferts.

Looking for a simple solution (pun intended) lol

Torn down 10/2018

Current Build

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-15-2018, 03:06 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)
I feel your pain but just look at the description. N/K - 3%/11.35% in the bottle - 7ppm/6ppm dosed. It's all in their recipe, I know. But I can be sure what I don't know is the dose rate of the micros. Without some in depth analysis it's a little bit of a crap shoot.

Planted S. Am. Waterbox 190 (141G dispaly w/sump & stand)
{new - in progress }
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-15-2018, 04:47 PM
Planted Tanker

PTrader: (131/100%)
Macros for that all-in-one look OK, needs a little more K imo.

I wish they were more specific on their micros. A lot of these AOIs are just adding csmb

But at 1 ML per 10 gal its a better value than most

Those individual liquids would be a waste of money if you're remotely capable of mixing your own dry ferts.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-16-2018, 04:26 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burr740 View Post
Macros for that all-in-one look OK, needs a little more K imo.

I wish they were more specific on their micros. A lot of these AOIs are just adding csmb

But at 1 ML per 10 gal its a better value than most

Those individual liquids would be a waste of money if you're remotely capable of mixing your own dry ferts.
Thanks everyone for the feedback and thank you especially burr740. I saw your thread about the dosing experiments your doing. It is really at a much higher level than I can wrap my head around right now. But I value your expertise.

This tank I am working on right now is really more high tech than anything I have done in the past and I’m trying to make it as simple as possible.

https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/s....php?t=1281847

I’m not opposed to mixing my own ferts. I actually have a ton of Seachem ferts already that I need to go through before moving onto anything else. I was just looking for a simpler way to manage it all.

Any suggestion?

Torn down 10/2018

Current Build
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-16-2018, 05:37 AM
OVT
Carpe Diem

PTrader: (144/100%)
Aquarium Fertilizer | NilocG Aquatics

Worst case: https://rotalabutterfly.com/nutrient-calculator.php

You sweat your dry mixing once and then it's no longer a mystery. If you can count teaspoons then you can mix your own. And you can always ask for help on TPT.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-16-2018, 07:05 AM
Planted Tanker

PTrader: (131/100%)
What OVT said would be the most economical option by far. And you'd learn a little something in the process.

The simplest option would of course be to use an all in one product, like Thrive or the Glosso. Your tank is 10 gallons, right? So its not going to break the bank using a premixed product.

Also it shouldnt be a very demanding tank as fart as ferts go. With good co2 and maintenance, any AIO worth its salt should work just fine (pun intended)
Kubla likes this.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode