Seachem Shelf-life - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 03:58 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Seachem Shelf-life

Hello, people of the page! I love Seachems line of fertilizers because most of them are highly concentrated, which makes them last a long long time. However, because of that reason, is why I am here. Does anyone know where the expiration dates are on the bottles, can decipher Seachem code, or explain to me how to decipher the code. I have had Seachems Flourish, Trace, Advance, Fe, Na, Ca, K, Phosphorous, prime and Excel for about 1-1.5 years. I am nervous about it. I think it might be time to move along and try something new. The precise dosing ritual (Ranging from 0.5 mL to 10 mL), dosing different chemicals each day, and keeping track of what should be dosed together and what absolutely shouldnt be dosed together, pH variables, Cost, pricey Fe, Ca, Na, Phosphorous, test kits, stores rarely have them stocked, and it gets old. I don't regret it though. I found an All-in-one fertilizer with just a dose of 3mL / 10 g once / week. And it's up there in the top 5 fertilizers. Easy Green by Aquarium Co-op. I am so excited
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 02:00 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Most of those, IMO, should be good forever, so long as mold doesn't begin to grow after opening. I know that Flourish should be refrigerated after opening to prevent mold growth, unless you are going to consume it all within 3-4 months. Gluteraldehyde does have a shelf life, but I don't know if Seachem has found a way to stabilize it in their Excel.

If it were me, I'd email Seachem. They are very good at responding to questions about their products.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode