Should I add Seachem Equalibrium? - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-28-2018, 10:27 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosyrobyn View Post
I did a 50% water change today and added 0.53g Equilibrium to maintain the increased GH. Prior to the water change I tested the water and it came out pH - 7.2, KH - 2.0, GH - 5.0. When I added Equilibrium it increased the GH by 3.0dh, but some of the increase may be caused by my fertilizer dosage which I add daily.

It's too early to see if the h. polysperma is improving and I still haven't hooked up the co2. This weekend if I can find the time.
Awesome! I would just hold steady right there and see how the new growth looks before making anymore alterations. You won't notice any change in the old growth, though. It'll probably take a couple of weeks before you can really tell what is happening.

Thanks for the update and keep us posted!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-30-2018, 11:40 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
You're on the right track with thinking that your fertilizer dosing could increase your GH. When you hook up the CO2 you may find you have an increase in plant nutrient absorption. This may mean that once you have CO2 running you need to dose more ferts, so keep an eye on things and you'll do great.

If you're asking good questions here (and you are) and you're being an observant tank keeper (and you are) then you're bound to find success eventually, regardless of what comes your way.

Christian, husband, brother, friend, hobbyist.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode