ADA Brighty Line Ferts Yay or Nay? - The Planted Tank Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-25-2018, 01:10 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
ADA Brighty Line Ferts Yay or Nay?

Hello,

I was thinking of using this fert in my 10 gallon. I'm planning to get Brighty K and Step 3 and in the future Brighty Shade. I have used NilcoG Thrive + in my old tank and TBH it doesn't work as many people stated. Lemme know your thoughts on the ADA Brighty line....

Cheers,
Adam....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

- Adam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 12:55 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Nobody? :c

- Adam
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 08:37 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (52/100%)
ADA ferts are fine. I've used Brighty K and the Green Brighty Step series for a bit and I've also used Seachem and Aquavitro, but mostly dry ferts. I don't think the success of a tank is based on which brand of ferts or dosing scheme that you use. Perhaps if you gave a bit more info such as lighting, CO2 and how much you're dosing you might get a bit more help.

Here's some good reading.

https://www.advancedplantedtank.com/...hy-bother.html

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff5614 View Post
ADA ferts are fine. I've used Brighty K and the Green Brighty Step series for a bit and I've also used Seachem and Aquavitro, but mostly dry ferts. I don't think the success of a tank is based on which brand of ferts or dosing scheme that you use. Perhaps if you gave a bit more info such as lighting, CO2 and how much you're dosing you might get a bit more help.

Here's some good reading.

https://www.advancedplantedtank.com/...hy-bother.html

I'm using the full Ada substrate system. Twinstar 450E light with co2.

- Adam
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 09:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
I don't think the success of a tank is based on which brand of ferts or dosing scheme that you use.
In my experience success with a fertilizer is strongly dependent on what is in or not in the water you put in the tank. Many fertilizers don't have calcium (including thrive). If you put the fertilizer in a tank with very soft water you could have a calcium deficiency problem and little to no growth of the plants. Us the same fertilizer in the same tank but fill it with hard water you would get better results. Water PH will also affect some fertilizers. Other fertilzers have no copper and or nitrogen in them.

Quote:
What are your water parameters, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, PH, GH, KH? Akso what is TBH?
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf View Post
In my experience success with a fertilizer is strongly dependent on what is in or not in the water you put in the tank. Many fertilizers don't have calcium (including thrive). If you put the fertilizer in a tank with very soft water you could have a calcium deficiency problem and little to no growth of the plants. Us the same fertilizer in the same tank but fill it with hard water you would get better results. Water PH will also affect some fertilizers. Other fertilzers have no copper and or nitrogen in them.

What are your water parameters, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, PH, GH, KH? Akso what is TBH?

My tank is brand new setup 1 week ago. TBH means To Be honest...

- Adam
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 04:51 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (11/100%)
1 week is not enough time to know if a fertilizer is working.

Fluval Spec V
7x Microsynodontis sp (1)

10g Terrarium
1x Cranwelli Horned Frog
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 04:53 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffww View Post
1 week is not enough time to know if a fertilizer is working.

I've used the old fert for 9 months. I recently started this tank and wanted to try out a fert.....

- Adam
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 02:37 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf View Post
In my experience success with a fertilizer is strongly dependent on what is in or not in the water you put in the tank.
Not sure if we're agreeing or disagreeing, lol, but I agree with your comment. Blindly following a particular scheme or brand's directions doesn't guarantee successfully growing plants. You need to know what needs to be dosed and in what amounts for your particular situation. My water, for example, is very soft and if I don't add Ca and Mg it makes a noticeable difference.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 04:39 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogey View Post
I've used the old fert for 9 months. I recently started this tank and wanted to try out a fert.....

It's posts like Jeffww, that has made me leave plantedtank.net and move to a nicer, more helpful and larger community on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PlantedTank/

Last edited by IntotheWRX; 08-29-2018 at 08:58 PM. Reason: clearifying who's comment I was reffering to
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 08:03 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntotheWRX View Post
It's posts like that, that has made me leave plantedtank.net and move to a nicer, more helpful and larger community on Reddit.

Glad you found a place that works for you. I've read a few of your post that says you're no longer using this forum. That will only be true when you quit posting about not posting here anymore. What you get out of a forum is largely based on what you contribute to it. When one contribute lies and has multiple accounts of alter egos that they claim are friends they probably won't get the full benefit of the forum. When one gives advice, when they don't know what they're talking about, advice that would cause the deaths of lots of livestock, they won't get the typical warm welcome.
TacitBlues likes this.
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 08:25 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogey View Post

So when you say Thrive wasn't working for you could you be more specific? Algae problems, yellowing plants, deformed growth, etc.?
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff5614 View Post
So when you say Thrive wasn't working for you could you be more specific? Algae problems, yellowing plants, deformed growth, etc.?

I just don't see any special growths. Everything was balanced when I dosed my thrive the ppm wouldn't change anything. K, FE Ppm would always be the same.

- Adam
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 08:44 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubla View Post
Glad you found a place that works for you. I've read a few of your post that says you're no longer using this forum. That will only be true when you quit posting about not posting here anymore. What you get out of a forum is largely based on what you contribute to it. When one contribute lies and has multiple accounts of alter egos that they claim are friends they probably won't get the full benefit of the forum. When one gives advice, when they don't know what they're talking about, advice that would cause the deaths of lots of livestock, they won't get the typical warm welcome.
It's posts like this, that has made me leave plantedtank.net and move to a nicer, more helpful and larger community on Reddit.

post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 08:48 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
I know what you mean with "posts like this". Being confronted by the truth can be difficult. Here is some more truth; I'm still reading your post. You haven't left. You're still lying.
IntotheWRX and Bogey like this.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode