what difency is this? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 05:48 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
what difency is this?

Just a quick question. Can anyone identify what deficiency my plants are experiencing? Some leaves are twisting and my older leaves on the amazon sword has brown/black spots as you can see with new leaves having a little curling starting. Could it be my KH which is usually 0-1 (working on fixing to assist with ph swings when I start using my c02). Does this affect plants? GH is 12 because I dose equilibrium when I do water changes.

0 ammonia
0 nitrite
10 nitrate
PH 6.7

I do weekly water change and add equilibrium then. I use root tabs under the amazon sword and dose iron one day and potassium/nitrogen/phosphate every other (i do nitrogen as I only have one betta in the tank so I assume he wouldnt be producing enough nitrate for the plants). I do excel daily till I start co2 (once I better understand how to set it up) and dose Flourish half way in the week.

These plants are new so could it also just be side affects while it was getting use to my water parameters?

P.s. Im new and if my fert timetable is way off please let me know.

https://postimg.cc/image/lr7ai2tql/
https://postimg.cc/image/w19phbbwd/
https://postimg.cc/image/x3jvztkf1/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 07:53 AM
Planted Member

Pics won't load for me.....

A lot of root tabs don't go right under the plant and some do. Check yours. May be burning.

What light do you have? Can't see damage without the pics so digging for more info

How new are they? What was their growing condition like when you bought them?

Any algae in tank? How old is the tank?

What substrate? How deep? How deep are the plants?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 10:15 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Try this:

https://postimg.cc/gallery/1q08aunt0/

The root tabs I'm using are Flourish Tabs by seachem and it is placed just to the side of the plant. Might not be deep enough?

The light is a 18w LED full colour spectrum Aqua One brand and is on for 9 hours a day.

The plants are now 2 weeks old. A new brown spot hasn't appeared for about a week now. The new leaves that are coming up are just a little wavy.

There is some green algae on the back of the rocks and the tank is about 9 months old.

Substrate is just normal black very fine grave and is about 2-3inches deep. The plant is about half way planted into it maybe a little less

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 12:38 PM
Planted Member

Ok, no new damage, I would just say it was them acclimating. But I would push the root tabs all the way to the bottom.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode