Slime in planted tank - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018, 01:17 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
I recently notice some slime building up around my cholla wood where some of my fishes hang out, some of the slime had completely coated the holes on the cholla wood making it opaque and no long see through. Even with the slime my fishes still love to hang out around it, and some actually like to hide, some would poke at the wood and looks like they are eating them.

Today I took the cholla wood out during my weekly water change and rinse it out on the old tank water I took out. Alot of greyish slimy gunks came off, and it smells very fishy, it feels and smells like the fishy slime from dead fish.

I also notice some of the slime building up around the moss I had in the tank. At first I thought these could be green hair algae, but after seeing what came off my cholla wood, they look exactly like the slime on the cholla wood.

I also use suction cups to hode anubis on my aquarium wall, there are a layer of opaque slime on it that turns all my suction cup from clear to milky white. Some here told me they are just normal bacteria and doesn't harm my fish and I can ignore them.

Are these slime on my moss and cholla wood the same bacteria as the one on the suction cup? Are they any harm to my fish? What caused them and how can I get rid of them? On the cholla wood, I can just take the whole thing out and rinse it, but on the jave moss, it's almost impossible without ripping the moss from the wood.

You can see pictures below.

Sorry I didnt realized the photo in my google drive was set as private, just changed it to public access so everyone can see them now, will try photobucket and see if I can have the photo on the post.

Last edited by Darkblade48; 05-30-2018 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Please use the edit function for back to back posts to keep threads cleaner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 05:00 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
bump, anyone have any idea how to get rid of these slimes?

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode