Dosing Micro and Macro Confusion! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 02:39 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Question Dosing Micro and Macro Confusion!

I'm a bit confused. Some people say they dry dose all of their macros and micros in one day for the week, using the EI method. Instead of EI Daily, they do it all on a monday. Though, with that method, or even dosing your macros on Monday, and all of your micros on Tuesday, wouldn't that still have them react with each other? I've constantly heard to not mix micros and macros. So if you dose one of them on monday, and the other on tuesday, won't mondays dose still be floating around to react with tuesdays dose?

I'm curious because I'm going out of town this weekend, and I EI dose daily. So I'm wondering if I could dose all of the weeks macros or micros tonight, and the other tomorrow?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 04:30 AM
Algae Grower

You can weekly dose your Mg, Ca, N and K but for P and the Micros you should dose a bit more frequent. I would say maybe every 2, max 3 days for the micros and depending on what level you want to dose P you can dose every 3, 4 days. How long are you going away for? For example if you are going away for 3 days: Dose minimum 12ppm N, 12ppm K, 3ppm P the night before you leave after lights off and dose 0.4ppm Fe on the day you leave. I personally keep my tank at 40N, 3P, 40K, 0.1-0.2Fe so I would do a %50 water change one night before and dose 20N, 20K, 3-4P, and 0.4Fe in the morning. This dose would go for 3 to 4 days after then the tank would need a micro dose and maybe some P.

Instagram Account: @KeeperOfASilentWorld
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 04:04 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
I travel often and find simple is good enough for my plants. I dose daily when there, record all activities in a log and just continue as if I had not been gone, alternating macro and micro and keeping up with water changes/filter cleaning as much as practical. I tried letting the tanks schedule me but now have fully returned to me controlling the tank schedule and I really have much for fun being in charge. Don't let the tank wag the dog!!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

I ended up having my Dad come by one day that I was gone and dose the tank with Thrive+ all in one fertilizer. That way it was simple for him. I was too nervous to dose three days worth the night before I left.

Tags
fertilizer, macros, micros, plants

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode