Ideal Parameters for Lush Green - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Ideal Parameters for Lush Green

Hi everyone. I need some advice to get my plants to that lush green you see in aquascaping photos. I have a 55gal (48"x12"x22") with 1 planted+ light, which I've recently stopped using the 24/7 cycle and gone to on/off settings to get my algae to die off. Anyhow, I'm seeking to solve 2 related issues, and one I'll throw on the post. I'm injecting CO2 with a grigg's reactor (no 7-up look, I'm assuming it's dissolving), and dose the full line (N, P, K, Fe, Trace, Excel, and Advance) of flourish products (minus the all-in-one Flourish, itself). When I added the CO2, I stopped using Excel for about a week, and within three days, my plants all went brown. Since then, I've started adding a smaller dose of Excel and got my KH high enough to maintain a proper CO2 Level.
I test Nitrates, KH, Phosphate, and Iron daily, my ammonia and Nitrites have never spiked, and my Nitrate level only went up when I wasn't daily testing and I overdosed Nitro.
Here are today's results:
pH: 6.9 (the milwaukee controller keeps this stable)
KH: 6deg When I compare pH to KH, my CO2 levels are in the green zone.
NH3/4: 0 to minimal
NO2: 0
P04: .3ppm
Fe: Always 0 at first test, and .1ppm after dosing 1 cap of Iron
Temp: 75deg F

Here's what I dose daily: (c stands for capfull)
2c Trace
2c Excel
1c Advance
3c K (does anyone else have issues with crystals forming in their Potassium bottles?)
N,P, and Fe as needed after testing.

I have Water sprite, elodea, dwarf sagittaria, moss, and an amazon sword, the water sprite does well, but like I said I had a die-off when I first added the CO2 system, so we're recovering from that. What do I need to be doing to get that lush look that the masters have?

PS: any tips for getting rid of all the tiny particulates?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180326_102445015.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	840745  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lux delectio Caritas
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
fertilizer, green, water chemistry, water parameters

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode