• 6 Post By bradac56
  • 4 Post By nilocg

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Is this mold?

Ive been using this product
http://nilocg.com/diy-pps-pro-liquid-fertilizer/
I mixed 1 packet with distilled water as per instructions, and at first the solution was completely dissolved, but now 16 days in it has began to seperate in only the micro bottle.
Ive emailed nilocg himself and asked him but for some reason he doesnt seem to care. Very unfortunate for him as i run a yt account with tens of thousands of followers and his product has been good to me so far but to myself and many others, customer service is very important.
Ive read that some put excel into the mixture to prevent mold but i would like to avoid it if i could. Any suggestions?
Also ive kept it stored at room temp
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E19DF6A0-0989-4270-B771-AC61FB90AFC6_1519225906427.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	831306  

Click image for larger version

Name:	14E5D64B-6ECE-4F1D-820C-10F820B22E51_1519226066455.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	831314  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 06:00 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
That's what happens to most fert solutions if you store them at room temperatures. A nutrient rich medium at decent temperatures are bacteria's paradise

"No Ice? Just Freeze Some Water"

My 30g (25g after learning how a tape measure works) Journal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 11:25 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
Send a message via AIM to bradac56 Send a message via MSN to bradac56 Send a message via Yahoo to bradac56 Send a message via Skype™ to bradac56
I would suggest not threatening someone's lively hood with an alleged you tube account when the answer only took 10 seconds to google.

Proud member of the
and the

VICTOR PIMP #58 -
VTS-253A-320 x2, VTS-253D-320, VTS-253A-1993-320.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-22-2018, 01:27 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
Colin has always been really responsive to me, and I think he does a great job at what he does. If you read his DIY EI product description, he does mention this about micros and recommends refrigerating or adding 10 ml of Excel.

http://nilocg.com/diy-ei-liquid-fertilizer/

A better way to handle this would be to ask @nilocg if he could update the description of the DIY PPS Pro product to include the same information.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-22-2018, 02:32 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (538/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papabash View Post
Ive been using this product
DIY PPS-PRO Liquid Fertilizer - NilocG Aquatics
I mixed 1 packet with distilled water as per instructions, and at first the solution was completely dissolved, but now 16 days in it has began to seperate in only the micro bottle.
Ive emailed nilocg himself and asked him but for some reason he doesnt seem to care. Very unfortunate for him as i run a yt account with tens of thousands of followers and his product has been good to me so far but to myself and many others, customer service is very important.
Ive read that some put excel into the mixture to prevent mold but i would like to avoid it if i could. Any suggestions?
Also ive kept it stored at room temp

Hi Alex, I just looked and I show that I have replied to the last message you have sent. I am very sorry you feel I dont care, but I have answered many questions from you already, if you would like me to answer your last question please send it again.

Regarding the issue above, it does not look to me like a mold, more like a precipitate of some sort. I would suggest heating the solution in a water bath, after its warm shake vigorously it should go away over night.

As referenced above, I dont appreciate veiled threats, if that is how you want to handle things it is your prerogative. If you are not happy with the product or service please contact me for a return address and I can refund your payment.

Thanks
Colin / NilocG
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-22-2018, 02:57 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
I'll chime in too and say that Colin's customer service is outstanding. I've bought several things from him and have had many questions, all of which he was happy to answer and in a VERY timely manner.

To prevent mold, it was recommended to me by another forum member to mix in this order - Fill container partially with distilled or RODI water, then add 5ml of vinegar into the distilled water, shake that up and then add your dry packet to the water and shake vigorously, then let sit overnight. You could add another step at the beginning - sterilizing the container with bleach or by boiling.

I agree that this does look more like precipitate, though.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode