LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-11-2004, 01:29 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via AIM to jeff63851
How do I use this?

I just got this test kit....

http://www.novalek.com/korgde1.htm

it is a Kordon Aquatru Freshwater Master kit. It had been used once by another person (not me) and she gave it to me. The instructions are to complcated, and they havn't responded my e-mail yet . Can any one give me instructions on how to use this step by step???????? THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!

THANKS!!

-Jeff

Fluval Pimp Club #1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-11-2004, 10:22 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Go to their website and choose the individual tester's "Data sheet". It has pretty detailed instructions...

Eheim Pimp #83

Eheim 2126, 2026 and 2222, 2x Eheim autofeeders
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-11-2004, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Send a message via AIM to jeff63851
I did and it is still confusing.

Fluval Pimp Club #1

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2004, 10:54 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I've never used these kits but here is the directions for the Low Range Nitrate kit:

"DIRECTIONS FOR USE
1) Following the "Guidelines for Accurate Tests Results", obtain a representative water sample for testing.
2) Open one reagent pillow marked LR NITRATE and add to the water sample, cap and mix for 1 1/2 minutes by inverting the test cube.
3) Open one reagent pillow marked LR NITRITE, add it to the water sample, cap and mix for 30 seconds.
4) Allow the mixture to react for 5 minutes and determine the nitrate concentration by matching the closest color on the comparator. After use, discard the contents of the cube and rinse with tap water. Do not return any rinse water to the aquarium or pond.
5) The reading given is for saltwater . For freshwater testing, multiply the comparator reading by 0.6 for the actual value.
6) Freshwater fish and invertebrates should be kept in the range of 35-70 mg/L nitrate or lower, and marine fish and invertebrates should be kept in water below 20 mg/L. Although tolerances to nitrates vary greatly among species, water changes should be performed when concentrations approach these levels."

This is just an example as I don't know which one you're talking about.

Which part of the above directions are confusing?

If it's their "color comparitor", it looks like the way it works is that it has two sections side by side. I think you fill the section that has the different colors on the back with aquarium water. The other section is the tested water sample...

Eheim Pimp #83

Eheim 2126, 2026 and 2222, 2x Eheim autofeeders
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 02:15 PM
Planted Tank Guru

I don't mean to be condescending, but how old are you? Maybe get a parent or older sibling to sit down with you and go over the instructions? What Laith posted makes a fair amount of sense to me, and I've never even seen this test kit.

Malkore
Filstar XP2 PIMP #3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- see specs on my tanks, and photos of how they've evolved

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode