Need Help Acclimating Corys - LFS TDS 950ppm! My tank TDS 187ppm
I brought home 9 corydora habrosus from my LFS and test the water parameters they came in: ph 6.0, GH 13d, TDS 950ppm (What?!!!!!) How are they still alive? My tank pH is 7.8, GH 4d, TDS 187ppm.
I have been acclimating them very slowly. Take out 1 teaspoon of old water, add 1 teaspoon new tank water every 20 minutes. They are in a small Lee's specimen container that holds about 2.5-3 cups of water. It's hanging inside the aquarium to maintain temperature. After 5 hours, the water in their container is still not close to my aquarium pH, GH, or TDS. I don't want to shock them. Lowering the TDS too quick and drastically is deadly, right?
I need to go to sleep now since I have to work in the morning. Will they be alright if I leave them in the container overnight with a 950 TDS? Will Ammonia rise and make them sick?