Fresh Ada Amazonia Soil - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-30-2017, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Fresh Ada Amazonia Soil

Hey everyone, I have a question about ada as leaching ammonia. I have a cycled 5 gallon already with ada and plants in it from when I set up the tank about 2 months ago. The tank has 0 ammonia but I'm planning on rescaping it and adding more ada. This is fresh ada and I'm scared it would ruin the cycle or cause some other issue. What would happen to my cycle if I were to add fresh ada and would stirring around the old ada in the tank cause an ammonia spike as well? Should I keep the fresh ada in a bucket and let it leach out that way and for how long?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-30-2017, 06:36 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
ADA soild will always leach ammonia, but not always enough to create a huge spike in water parameters. It just depends.

Do you have any livestock in the tank currently? If not, just add it and keep an eye on your water parameters. Letting it leach in a bucket is an option, also you could just add it and do additional water changes if you want to add it immediately.

recognize the OODA loop within everything you do

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode