• 2 Post By awesometim1
  • 2 Post By Dman911
  • 2 Post By clownplanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Question Dosing Thrive+ for 12 gallon?

New tank - new layout - new plants - might as well try new fertilizer.

I am thinking of trying NilocG's Thrive+ for my 12G long. This will be a high tech tank after it gets flooded.

My question is with the dosing being 1 pump per 10 gallons, should I stick to 1 pump per day? Or should I attempt to push out a couple more drops to make up for that extra 2 gallons?

Also.. maybe dose 2x pumps on day 1 (to make up for those extra 6 gallons throughout the week).. and 1 pump day 2 and 3.

Ive used full EI in my other tanks but just want to try something new to see if I get success.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 01:33 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

I have the thrive regular and it's really growing my hc with no problems. I would just do 1 pump 2-3 times a week like the instructions suggest you do. It gives the best results. Also, Thrive + has slightly higher concentrations of nitrate(i think) so you shouldn't overdose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
frenziedpace and frenziedpace like this.

~Tim
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 02:51 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
I would start with just the one pump and adjust later if needed.
Nilocg told me a 1 pump was 2ml if you really want to get pedantic with microliters.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

No sense of style, just growing.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Makes sense for both, and thats what I thought about doing if/when the plants needed more.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 04:22 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshestemo412 View Post
Makes sense for both, and thats what I thought about doing if/when the plants needed more.
You're familiar with EI and water changes so it's basically the same deal just an all in one easy shot package.

No sense of style, just growing.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 04:27 PM
Wannabe Guru

The lighting in addition to Co2 or not will play a big role in how much you will need to dose.

Dan
clownplanted and clownplanted like this.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman911 View Post
The lighting in addition to Co2 or not will play a big role in how much you will need to dose.

Dan
Im hoping to find the balance with the Current Sat LED Plus fixture on my 12 long, as well as pressurized CO2.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 09:53 PM
Planted Tank Guru

With a 12 gallon tank you most likely only have 10 gallons or less of actual water in there anyway due to substrate and other stuff in there. So stick with 1 pump. Dosing does not figure in the actual size of tank but actual water volume. Even though I have a 60 gallon tank my water volume is 52 gallons so that is what I dose for
Aqua99 and Aqua99 like this.

Last edited by clownplanted; 05-11-2017 at 09:54 PM. Reason: added info

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode