Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: St. Charles, IL
Dry ferts ...low tech tank
I’m looking for a better dosing regimen for my 40 gallon low tech tank (currently dosing Seachem Excel and Flourish only). I’ve read a lot about Tom Barr and his approach (really want to dose once per week and that is all). Here is what I was planning to dose and would like recommendations.
Here are my questions:
- KNO3 – 1/8 teaspoon (1 per week)
- KH2Po4 – 1/32 teaspoon (1 per week)
- Traces – 1/32 teaspoon (1 per week)
- GH Booster – ¼ teaspoon (1 per week)
- Is the above the correct ferts to dose and the amounts for 1 per week?
- Do I just add the dry ferts directly into tank? Or how do I dose them?
- Can these ferts be combined and dosed together?
- Do I still dose Excel?
- Where is the best place to buy these ferts?