Silent Cycle with used Substrate
Before using those fast-growing plants , I have made a 4 weeks fishless cycle, with only used substrate (Flourite 100%). Last Saturday, I have made a 80% water change, and started to puts fast-growing plants on the Sunday. 3 days later, I made the 1st Nitrate and ammonia tests. Results: Nitrate = 30ppm, and ammonia = 0ppm.
CO2 and a used drift wood was added since plant was used to cycle the tank.
A few Questions:
1. Why has 3 days caused such a high niitrate level, though its already 80% water change.
2. Could it be the cause of used Substrate and drift wood?
3. How should I resolved this, beside frequent or 80% water change?
4. Will those fast growing plants absorb those nitrate easily, since ammonia is already 0ppm.
5. Under such situation, im having lighting of 100watts for 25USG, 9 hrs\day, Will it possible to have a algae outbreak easily, during this silent cycle?
My concern is, with every frequent change of water, I may have another high nitrate level in a short time, i.e 3 days. For that its will be waste, but i can accept once every week.
planted tank, 100% Fluorite and Eheim Pro 2222