Plantex CSM+B HELLPPP!!! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 02:04 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Lightbulb Plantex CSM+B HELLPPP!!!

hey all! this is my first post/ comment. im having an issue with my micros. i added 5ml of excel to the mix when i first made it. but im looking to dilute my solution to create a weaker mix. (that way i just add more ml when i dose the tank) can anyone help me? i would like to make the mix so i can add 1ml per 10 gallons. right now its .1ml per 10 gallons. the original recommendation was 28.6g per 500ml of water. (by edwards site)....would i just dilute it to 2.86g per 500ml? (pretty sure my math is right, didnt know if because its plant FOOD i should be doing anything differently)

not sure if anyone will see this. but im also having an issue with how my plants are growing. i used to have a 45 gal tank and NEVER had issues with any growth or with nutrition values. recently i went to the PPS-Pro method and cant say im having much luck. on my old tank i was using strictly seachem products (got really pricey over the 8 or so years) i also used to have a fluval LED and CarribSea Eco complete substrate.

Now i am using the Flourite Red substrate and only have 3 40W 48in T8 bulbs. (No C02)

dosing 15ml of excel daily with pps-pro and every other day of added ml DPTA 11% Fe

THANKS

(MAJOR HELP NEEDED...lol :'(
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170212_204636.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	721186  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
80 gal
Aquatop CF400UV
Aquatop 300W Heater
3W powerhead
Fluval protein skimmer
2 Rosy barbs
1 Apistogramma Macmasteri
2 Celebes Rainbows
5 Celestial Danios
8 neon tetras
6 Otos
9 Amano shrimp
1 Bamboo Shrimp
1 Nerite snail
1 Siamese Algae Eater
Cabomba, Rotala Macandra, Ceratopteris thalictroides, echinodorus martii, anubias, staurogyne repens, Micranthemum monte carlo, 2 micro swords
[/SIZE]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 02:18 AM
Algae Grower

So you are using dry ferts then right?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 02:21 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

yes. dry ferts from green leaf aquarium. pps-pro method. looking to dilute the micros so they dont sit as long in the solution bottle. .1ml per 10 gallons. looking to dilute it so i can use 1ml per 10 gallons. which i believe would be going from a 28.6g additive to 500ml. all the way down to 2.86g additive to 500ml.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
80 gal
Aquatop CF400UV
Aquatop 300W Heater
3W powerhead
Fluval protein skimmer
2 Rosy barbs
2 Celebes Rainbows
5 Celestial Danios
8 neon tetras
6 Otos
9 Amano shrimp
1 Bamboo Shrimp
1 Nerite snail
1 Siamese Algae Eater
Cabomba, Rotala Macandra, Ceratopteris thalictroides, echinodorus martii, anubias, staurogyne repens, Micranthemum monte carlo, 2 micro swords
[/SIZE]

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 01:34 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feonix View Post
yes. dry ferts from green leaf aquarium. pps-pro method. looking to dilute the micros so they dont sit as long in the solution bottle. .1ml per 10 gallons. looking to dilute it so i can use 1ml per 10 gallons. which i believe would be going from a 28.6g additive to 500ml. all the way down to 2.86g additive to 500ml.
I was just thinking the same thing as i was mixing my first bottles of PPS-PRO last night. I think I'm going to 2.86g to 500ml after about a months use of this .1ml crap lol

Complacency is the enemy of progress-
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

yes! works great and much easier to manage! haven't seen any adverse effects as of yet. trying to get my kh down but that's a whole other topic its self!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 03:38 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)
I see you figured out you could just add water. I just wanted to add that any changes will most likely happen slowly. You have low light so your plants are in "slow motion mode". They will look healthy and even grow. However, at a much slower rate. Be careful about changing things too quickly. Patience is the best virtue to have in this hobby in my opinion.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 10:52 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

yes i made a few other changes but realized i need to sit back and wait while things take their course. i appreciate your help zorfox, ive read many of your replies on threads and have learned quite a bit on here!

80 gal
Aquatop CF400UV
Aquatop 300W Heater
3W powerhead
Fluval protein skimmer
2 Rosy barbs
2 Celebes Rainbows
5 Celestial Danios
8 neon tetras
6 Otos
9 Amano shrimp
1 Bamboo Shrimp
1 Nerite snail
1 Siamese Algae Eater
[/SIZE]

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode