Kh 3 + ph from 7 to 6 = 90co2 wtf?? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-24-2004, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Exclamation Kh 3 + ph from 7 to 6 = 90co2 wtf??

I have 2 nutrafin plant co2 plant system running in a 41gal tank using the ladders as the diffuser.

Now the thing is my water specs are: ph 7, kh 3. After first co2 system was added = ph 6.7. After 2nd one was added 6.0.

Now the thing is if im right, the co2 chart would be 90ppm of co2 in my tank??? Can this be possible or did i measure wrong?? my fish seem be surviving.

Measured ph using 2 test kits. One gets 6.2(lowest on the chart) and other is 6.0(lowest on the chart)

There is no water movement really, just fluval filter is pushing water stright down.

Firstkit: Using default mixture, bubbles gets smaller to tiny ones
2ndkit: Using default mixture + teaspoon of bakers yeast, bubbles are big and shoots out like 6 in a go then stops for afew secs before going again. Bubbles only decrease say like 30% of their size till they fly of the co2 ladder.

Any one know If this can be?? like its not even pressurised co2 system. Im confused what to think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 03:43 PM

PTrader: (0/0%)
It sounds likely that you've injected a whole lot of CO2. 3dKh is the minimum amount of buffering needed for CO2 injection, so you dont' get huge pH swings...but it's going to accept your pH changes more readily than if you had 6dKh.

You were doing good at 17.5ppm with just 1 CO2 kit.

Also your second kit has a blockage somewhere...when the pressure builds up enough, it shoots out several bubbles, then plugs up until it has enough pressure again. Check the air line, especially where it enters the ladder.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode