DSM with ferts - The Planted Tank Forum
 7Likes
  • 6 Post By livingf1t
  • 2 Post By mageikman32
  • 4 Post By livingf1t
  • 2 Post By livingf1t
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 70
DSM with ferts

Hey all so as the title says I was wondering what everyones opinion is on doing a DSM and then adding some ferts to your water you are misting. Reason I ask is cause I had someone tell me it would help out the plants better but I'm still iffy on it

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
mageikman32 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 08:34 PM
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by mageikman32 View Post
Hey all so as the title says I was wondering what everyones opinion is on doing a DSM and then adding some ferts to your water you are misting. Reason I ask is cause I had someone tell me it would help out the plants better but I'm still iffy on it

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk


I have had my Dsm going for 7 weeks now with just a lite misting every 3-4 days no ferts.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
livingf1t is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 12:24 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingf1t View Post
I have had my Dsm going for 7 weeks now with just a lite misting every 3-4 days no ferts.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Damn nice yea I'm on week 2



Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingf1t View Post
I have had my Dsm going for 7 weeks now with just a lite misting every 3-4 days no ferts.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wait did you say your only misting every 3 to 4 days

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
BettaBettas and BettaBettas like this.

Last edited by Darkblade48; 12-30-2016 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Please use the edit function for back to back posts to keep threads cleaner
mageikman32 is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 01:28 AM
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by mageikman32 View Post
Wait did you say your only misting every 3 to 4 days

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk


Yes, I have it completely covered with clear wrap, I open it up for about 30 min every day for gas exchange and mist it all about every 3-4 days. I noticed you have some puddles in yours, if you look at my first picture I also had puddles and it started to get algae and mold, I also left it closed up all the time. I bought a syringe like the ones that you use for medicine and attached some airline tubing to it to suck up and puddles I had and started opening it up for 30 min a day and it has been great ever since. I didn't see anything really start happening until week 3 and then it really started to take off on week 5. I travel for work and I'm gone for weeks at a time so it's been easy for me to not be tempted to flood it, I think if I were home having to look at it empty everyday I would have flooded it on week 4 lol I've been home for 10 days now and almost flooded it 3 days ago but I'm heading back out next week for a month so I decided to flood it when I get back in feb.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Here's a picture of what I use to suck the water out of the puddles


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Darkblade48; 12-30-2016 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Please use the edit function for back to back posts to keep threads cleaner
livingf1t is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 01:32 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingf1t View Post

Here's a picture of what I use to suck the water out of the puddles


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh ok yea i mist it all everyday maybe I should cut back a bit

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
mageikman32 is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 01:42 AM
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by mageikman32 View Post
Oh ok yea i mist it all everyday maybe I should cut back a bit

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk


Just speaking from my experience, it really started spreading a lot better and it also eliminated the mold and algae on the front of the glass and sub strate when I let it air out everyday and stopped drenching it so much, I do make sure that it doesn't dry up at all. If I see the back where I have a huge slope starts to get dry I just mist that area.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice start btw! As you can tell I switched my hardscape in the middle of the whole thing lol.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mageikman32 and mageikman32 like this.

Last edited by Darkblade48; 12-30-2016 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Please use the edit function for back to back posts to keep threads cleaner
livingf1t is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingf1t View Post
Just speaking from my experience, it really started spreading a lot better and it also eliminated the mold and algae on the front of the glass and sub strate when I let it air out everyday and stopped drenching it so much, I do make sure that it doesn't dry up at all. If I see the back where I have a huge slope starts to get dry I just mist that area.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice start btw! As you can tell I switched my hardscape in the middle of the whole thing lol.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea I'll give it a shot I have only been given it new air every few days

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
mageikman32 is offline  
Reply

Tags
None

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome