Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0 ppm
Nitrates 10-20 ppm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-11-2016, 02:36 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (8/100%)
I think it is a matter of what do you want in your tank (and what do you currently have). The PH, Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrates look perfect. The dKH and dGH are probably really good for some fish/plant/invertebrates and less than ideal for others. The advice I've heard on this forum and that I've taken to heart is to stock based on your water conditions instead of trying to modify your water conditions to stock. Consistency is is what you will want.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-11-2016, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Thanks for the advice , I'm looking to get some more fish , currently I only have
1 angel
2 platies
1 molly
4 minnows
1 bristlenose pleco
2 ottos
Any fish you recommend , other than the obvious mollies platies etc

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-12-2016, 03:13 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Well your water parameters looks good. Nothing to worry about there. If you plan on doing anything with plants a bit higher GH might be a good idea.
When it comes to the fish you have what I would say a pretty unhealthy mix. You cannot provide ideal conditions without some of the fish getting out of their "zone".
Your platies and molly need a bit higher Ph 7+ and the molly wants a little salt in the tank but the others do not. Your livebearers need a higher water hardness think around 10ish is recommended both for the platies and mollyies.

The other fishes does best at lower phs around 6-6.5 and softer water. Also your angel should get a tank mate and same for the molly, ottos are a schooling fish so two of them sounds a bit mean :P

I would recommend you getting your current stock properly taken care of before adding more. And consider returning or giving away the molly/platie or the others. When that is sorted out the most interesting fish are probably dwarf chiclids (if you decide to go lower ph and softer water), like apistogrammas or something. They tend to be rather aggressive, more so when spawning. So hiding places and not so sensitive fish are a good idea as tank mates.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode